We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport to Cayos Cochinos

Bend, oregon, USA
Level Contributor
32 posts
166 reviews
Save Topic
Transport to Cayos Cochinos

Does anyone know how we can charter transport from Roatan to Cayos Cochinos? We are trying to avoid ferrying to La Ceiba. THANKS!

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,643 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport to Cayos Cochinos

Are you trying to visit Cayos Cochinos or transit to La Ceiba? Where are you leaving from?? Anyway, Sunyata does private two night charters to Cayos and gets excellent reviews. From Roatan there are tour Cos that go out to Cayos...not sure what you are wanting to do.

Bend, oregon, USA
Level Contributor
32 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport to Cayos Cochinos

We are flying directly into Roatan and will be spending a few days on the east end. After a few days on Roatan, we want to simply transport to Cayos Cochinos in order to spend a few nights on the island. My understanding is that Plantation Beach Resort is the only lodging that is there, but if you know of others I would love to hear about it. Plantation Beach Resort only ferries guests from La Ceiba and we would like to avoid traveling to La Ceiba only to have to get on another boat to get to Cayos Cochinos. In other words, I'm looking for a water taxi that will get from from Roatan to Cayos.

When you say Sunyata does two night charters, does this mean an overnight sailing/yacht trip? Not sure I'm into that....I get horribly sea sick so the less time on a boat the better. Thanks for the help!

3. Re: Transport to Cayos Cochinos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 March 2011, 18:05
Bend, oregon, USA
Level Contributor
32 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport to Cayos Cochinos

I think you posted this to the wrong forum....this is a discussion about transport to Cayos Cochinos.

La Habra, California
Level Contributor
258 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport to Cayos Cochinos

Hey there, from Roatan its very easy to get to cayos. My first suggestion is to contact xtreme fishing charters(they do day trips to cayos) ask for Ray, he will be able to hook you up. I believe they have a website or simply head down to Fosters West Bay and ask any worker for Ray regarding a cayos trip. Next would be early bird fishing charter out of Sandy Bay. They also have a website, they are off the main rd heading to west end on your right in Sandy bay(big sign). Ask for Loren, they do a great fishing trip out to cayos, but they can work something out if you dont want to fish. Big ups, cayos is amazing. When I went last time, I bought $100 worht of toys and gave them out randomly in cayos, they kids dont have much of anything, it was one of the best experiences of my life, I wanted to share that with you. Please post photos of your trip and have a blast!

Edited: 13 March 2011, 16:53
JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,643 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport to Cayos Cochinos

Ray's trip is a sort of sight seeing/snorkeling day trip to Cayos. I would think he would be happy to leave you at Plantation. Nice newer boat, a Contender open boat which is seaworthy..I think first I would ask the Resort for option suggestions, may save you some $. The Sunyata trip is one where you do stay on the sailboat for 2 nights and if you aren't really a boater it could be a bit much.

7. Re: Transport to Cayos Cochinos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 22:15