We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather--November December?

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
850 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Weather--November December?

My wife and I are looking at taking about a 1 month trip starting in mid-November in Caye Caulker, Belize going through Belize, Guatemala and ending in Roatan, Honduras. I am unsure about the weather, particularly in northern Honduras during early December. I have read many conflicting reports about the duration and severity of the rainy season. Some say that the rainy season ends by the end of November and some say it goes until the end of December. More importantly, some say that there is only an hour or so of rain each day, and some say it can rain non-stop for two weeks solid. Can anyone give me some recent first-hand knowledge? I realize that climate change is having a big effect on these weather patterns--our normal March destination of Bequia has on our most recent trips had rain almost every day [night mostly] during the heart of the "dry season"-- but any recent observations would be most appreciated.

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,793 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather--November December?

rainy season in the bay islands of honduras is oct-jan.

oct and nov being historically the wettest months (the weather patterns on the islands are different than the those on the mainland).

i have spent three rainy seasons on the islands and its impossible to say what you would experience. i have seen everything from a week or two of just occasional showers, or just rain at night to non stop 24 hr a day monsoon like conditions that lasted all week.

2. Re: Weather--November December?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2015, 18:15