We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mayan Princess Resort

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oklahoma
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Mayan Princess Resort

Has anyone stayed at this resort? I was wondering how the accomodations are, and if it's worth the extra $$$ for the meals. AND, can you snorkel right from their beach? Thank you for any information you might share!

cp/okc

northeast USA
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mayan Princess Resort

I have not stayed there but I have seen it - - it is beautiful and yes, you can snorkel right from the beach. The snorkeling is unbelievable! Hope this helps.

9000 feet, Colorado
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mayan Princess Resort

Stayed for a week. Great place, nice bar. Snorkelling was terrific - head down the beach to the left... meals were ok... I'd definately rent a car/truck so you can go to others. The pool and new restaurant were not open when we were there. Lots of bonefish to swim with!

If I go back (which I probably won't - been 2x) I'd stay there.

Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mayan Princess Resort

Stayed there twice - the last time for a month. Restaurant was not open so can't comment, but I wouldn't pay for a meal plan at any restaurant unless there were no others available. There are plenty of restaurants in the area and you can enjoy the variety. Pool is beautiful, you can snorkel right from the shore or walk a bit down the beach in EITHER direction and snorkel right from the shore. We are going down again shortly and defintely will be staying there!

Guatemala City...
Level Contributor
682 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mayan Princess Resort

Probably the best place to stay.. right in the middle of WEST BAY.. you can walk right out to the beach and snokel to some amazing reefs that continue all along the coast.

The only problem with WEST BAY is there is not much choice in resturants, only what the few hotels on WEST BAY have. You can always take a water taxi to WEST END where you have much more choices...

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
36 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mayan Princess Resort

I've read that when cruise ships are in town the beach is packed and its "bumper-snorkeling". How often are cruise ships in town?

wilmington, DE
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mayan Princess Resort

Check out my post from April 12 in response to someone else who asked the same question. I hope it is helpful.

lucyco

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
36 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mayan Princess Resort

thanks lucyco, but I can't find where the cruise ship issue is addressed at all. Anybody know?

Flowers Bay...
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Mayan Princess Resort

Zoeycat,

Here is the link to that last post.

just copy and paste it.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g292019-i4482-k562…

good luck, enjoy

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
36 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mayan Princess Resort

Hi bluehouseguy.

Yep I found that post earlier and, I must be losing it because I still can't see where it addresses the "problem" of the cruise ships taking over the beaches and waters while in port. Am I nuts? I just want to know, if I stay at the MP, or anyplace on West Bay, will I have to deal with combat snorkeling every day? Thanks.

Flowers Bay...
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Mayan Princess Resort

No, Not every Day, And you would probably be able to walk a little to find a place less crowded.