We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

seeking hotel advice for family with small children

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
456 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
seeking hotel advice for family with small children

Hi,

I'll be in Roatan in mid-Feb for four days, with husband and two small kids (ages 3 and 5). I'd like to be on the beach, we'd like to snorkel, go in glass bottom boats, see dolphins (is there a show somewhere, I think?), go to the Iguana Farm, hang out... I prefer to NOT have all-inclusive, as we like to check out other restaurants sometimes, but that's not critical.

I'd like to keep it under $150/night including tax, and preferably closer to $100/night. Of course less is fine too!

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
489 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: seeking hotel advice for family with small children

We stayed at Casa de Paradise in December. For your family the unit called Savannah's Treasure would be perfect. It is beach level, has a full kitchen, bathroom, bedroom with queen bed and living room with pull out beds for the kids. They also supply beach chairs, beach towels, umbrellas, floaties for the kids and kayaks for you to use. Best of all, they are on the best stretch of West Bay Beach and it is $110.00 a night. The snorkeling is excellent there and there is a glass bottom boat tour that you can book just a few steps down the beach. You can find their information at casadeparadise.com. The owners Ron and Myra are awesome. When we were there they arranged many of our excursions and found us cheaper rates. For example, we were able to do the south short zipline for $25 each instead of the $35 they usually charge and they arranged it for a time when there were no cruise ship guests so we had it to ourselves. If you rent a car, it is easy to drive to many of the other activities. For dolphins, you can drive about 15 minutes to Anthony's Key Resort. Our daughter did the dolphin trainer for a day. It was pricey (about $200.00) but she was there from 7:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. working with the dolphins, swimming with them, etc. all day. She loved it. If you just want to do the dolphin encounter which lasts about 1-2 hours it costs about $45.00. Also if you have a car you can drive to West End for dinner. I suggest the Argentine Grill. If you are looking for a cheap, tasty meal, the Rotisserie Chicken place in West End is excellent and very affordable but go early because their chicken sells out if you go too late.

2. Re: seeking hotel advice for family with small children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Roatan