We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orientation to Roatan?

USA
8 posts
Save Topic
Orientation to Roatan?

Hi everyone. My husband and I are planning to travel to Roatan this year. How large is the island? Is all of the tourism in one main area, or are there several nice areas to stay and spend time? I see a lot of posts referring to the West Bay area. Is that where we should concentrate our search for lodging? Thank you!

Flowers Bay...
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Orientation to Roatan?

search the posts here and visit roatanet.com

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,261 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Orientation to Roatan?

Blue, I agree

Read 3 months of posts and get the feel of the island

thunder bay
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orientation to Roatan?

We stayed in West Bay for a week in March and it was beautiful, but quiet. If you're looking for nightlife, West End would be a better choice. However, if you love the beach, choose West Bay. We stayed at the Mayan Princess and were very satisfied.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,896 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orientation to Roatan?

plenty of great beaches other than WB...I agree read back several months.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
385 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orientation to Roatan?

I agree that you should just run through a whole bunch of postings; you'll get a pretty good feel. My wife and I are heading that way this weekend for our 3rd trip. We really like the Luna Beach Resort which is located just outside of West End. It is nice and secluded and very quiet, and just a 10-15 minute walk up the beach to West End. We usually day trip to West Bay for some beach time and snorkeling. Lots of other beaches to explore on the island as well. West Bay is more a strip of resorts along the beautiful beach, while West End is a funkly little village on the water with good eats and night life. Just depends on what you're looking for.

6. Re: Orientation to Roatan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 05:23
Get answers to your questions about Roatan