We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thinking about going to Roatan

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mahwah
Level Contributor
822 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Thinking about going to Roatan

Hello,

We are thinking about visiting Roatan and were wondering what the best route to take from the NJ/NY area is. Obviously we would like a nonstop or at least direct flight. Any info would be great. Thank you.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
285 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thinking about going to Roatan

When I was booking my flights from the DC area, I discovered that Continental goes non-stop from Newark to Roatan. Other options include taking Delta and connecting through Atlanta or Continetal, connecting through Houston.

Mahwah
Level Contributor
822 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thinking about going to Roatan

Great, thank you!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
5,778 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thinking about going to Roatan

Did you find the nonstops? I couldn't find them, and I'm not sure if I'm just searching wrong. Maybe I just need to sit down and plug in every day of the week and ask for nonstops and see what comes up, but maybe they do them on different months than I'm wanting to travel?

I'd love to hear from others flying out of EWR when they found their nonstops. I'll happily plan my vacation around good flights.

delaware
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thinking about going to Roatan

I found a nonstop to San Pedro from JFK on Taca Airlines. From there, connect to Roatan via local airline (Islena or Sosa)

Flowers Bay...
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Thinking about going to Roatan

Beachreader,

Continental does direct from Newark on Saturdays

new jersey
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Thinking about going to Roatan

hey hey - the direct from newark starts in february...this year its the 14th...if you fly on saturday to go....you can even fly home on sunday for the same price usually - if you don't mind the connecting in texas....otherwise its direct both saturdays....to and from................good luck

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
5,778 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thinking about going to Roatan

Thanks, Baybum. I'd heard they flew nonstop on Saturdays, but I was plugging in Saturdays and nothing came up but the connectors through Houston.

Is this an annual thing, starts in February, ends when?

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
5,778 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thinking about going to Roatan

Sorry, need to flag this thread. :-)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Thinking about going to Roatan

Make sure you are looking at flights out of newark not jfk. I will be flying nonstop this sat. and returning nonstop on sat march 7th. We can't wait!!!

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thinking about going to Roatan

Continental has a non-stop to Roatan from Newark (EWR) on Saturdays only. I have just booked this flight.

Get answers to your questions about Roatan