We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling in Roatan

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Yorba Linda...
Level Contributor
71 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling in Roatan

I snorkel and do not dive. Is Roatan also a snorkelers dream or just a divers dream? I'm planning my trip in late June. Is Roatan worth the trip for a snorkeler? Roatan looks like HEAVEN!!!

1. Re: Snorkeling in Roatan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2009, 23:44
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,558 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling in Roatan

we found by going to a dive resort , we got taken all around the island by boat to snorkel

We stayed at BIBR for 1 week then stayed at West Bach and just snorkeled there

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
2,238 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling in Roatan

Oh yes! It's worth the trip for a snorkeler! Stayed all-inclusive at Fantasy island. Snorkeling fabulous right off the beach :)

Alabama
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling in Roatan

Just returned yesterday. snorkeling off the beach at west bay and west end was just as good as if you were on a dive. In fact, we watched divers below us at 60 ft and saw just as much marine life. We tried to drive the island and snorkel off other beaches but it was too hard to get to a public access area. Would suggest taking a sail/snorkel trip. Visability was 60-100feet every day.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
246 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkeling in Roatan

I snorkeled at Tabyana Beach and it was fantastic!

Yorba Linda...
Level Contributor
71 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snorkeling in Roatan

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like snorkeling in Roatan is just as great as Cozumel.

THANKS!!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,558 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Snorkeling in Roatan

It's great having the option to snorkle at different beaches / reefs in Roatan rather than those that go to one resort and no where else. Hard to compare then

We got taken to a half submerged freighter by Mahogany Bay

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
2,238 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Snorkeling in Roatan

vancouver,

I'm trying to talk my hubby into doing that for our next rip to Roatan.

We like the idea of having no surprises at the end of the week $-wise so that's why the resorts. BUT, I think it's high time for a little adventure! :)

9. Re: Snorkeling in Roatan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 12:25