We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island Marketing for Zipline and Beach

Region of Waterloo...
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Island Marketing for Zipline and Beach

I highly recommend this company for a cruise ship shore excursion. We were on the "Norwegian Pearl" in January, and I booked online a few weeks before going. The cost is $52.00 per person and includes ziplining at South Shore Canopy Tours and a beach stop at Tabyani beach (actually we were taken to Foster's - a private beach resort close by). It was quiet, included chairs, was shaded by palm trees and a drink at their outdoor restaurant was also included. We loved the zipline! It's at a beautiful jungle setting, the quides were professional and safety conscious and there are about 13 different lines - some very long. One even goes out to where there is a beautiful ocean vista. After this we were taken to the beach for a couple of hours it was a lovely beach with crystal clear blue water and clean sand, and when we were ready to go back to the ship, our wonderful quide, Marcos, offered to give us a tour of the island. Much of Roatan seemed to be very poor, however, we were taken to another area which was quite prosperous with lovely homes and excellent highways. Marcos was very knowledgeable and we all enjoyed the tour very much. Be aware that when you get off the ship at Coxon's Hole - the area isn't very nice. The island, however, is gorgeous and it was one of my favourite stops.

Bodden Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks, Boat Tours
Jungle Top Zipline Adventure
Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
South Shore Zipline
Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Roatan Trips &Tour
Sightseeing Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours, Boat Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks, Private Tours
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,561 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Island Marketing for Zipline and Beach

Glad you enjoyed it

We stayed at Fosters last year and went to the Zip line park called Gumbalimba Park

See http://www.gumbalimbapark.com/

new jersey
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Island Marketing for Zipline and Beach

i'd agree that the south shore zip line is beautiful....great views....and foster's has everything to enjoy west bay beach....it's nice to have beach chairs ....i think that a orginized tour works for most....if your adventurous you can go it alone.......just don't give up on the island at Coxen Hole.....it gets alot better......enjoy

Kansas City
Level Contributor
321 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Island Marketing for Zipline and Beach

Not to rip on you Stucolleenfan, but saying that Roatan has "excellent highways" has to be the overstatement of the millenium. I think "servicable road" would be a more apt description. Glad you enjoyed your trip.

4. Re: Island Marketing for Zipline and Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 18:20