We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about Caribbean Rent A Car

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Question about Caribbean Rent A Car

Hello,

I contacted Caribbean Rent a Car about renting a truck in June. They promptly wrote back and attached a form to fill out to fax back to them.

I'm a little wary. The form asks for my DL and credit card number.

Anyone out there that rented from them, did you fax the form in or did you just call them?

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
186 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about Caribbean Rent A Car

I faxed, they did not get it the fax, and I informed my CC company to watch for fraudulent charges from foreign lands.

I am renting from them next week - they took all my info over the phone after my fax did not go thru.

They seem reputable. My neighbor has a vacation home in Roatan and he recommended them.

Will post after I return if any issues!!!

Mentioned in this post
Roatan
Roatan
Bay Islands, Honduras
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about Caribbean Rent A Car

OK thanks. I tried calling them and only got a recording and then a busy signal. I was thinking that calling them would be safer. I wish I could speak spanish so I knew what the recording said.

What number did you call? I called 011-504-455-6950.

Creston, Canada
Level Contributor
525 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about Caribbean Rent A Car

Hi zach, After much research, we reserved a car from Avis, but 2 weeks before our trip the owner of our rental house informed us that they had a lot of rain and recommended a 4 x 4 instead of car. Avis didn't have one available, so we went with Roatan Best Car Rental. They were propt in returning e-mails and did not require a credit card to hold reservation. They gave a better rate for paying cash on arrival, which we were aware of when making reservation. Rented a 2007 Susuki Jimny in perfect condition. They delivered to West End and met us at airport for drop off. Very pleased with rental. Would use again.

BTW, my Visa Avion will NOT cover any insurance on pick-up truck

Good Luck

Pura Vida

Mentioned in this post
Roatan
Roatan
Bay Islands, Honduras
West End
West End
Roatan, Honduras
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,936 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about Caribbean Rent A Car

I am heading down for the last 2 weeks of May. As this isn't a busy time, I am going to wait until I get down and take my chances

5. Re: Question about Caribbean Rent A Car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 15:17