We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The political thing

Flowers Bay...
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
Save Topic
The political thing

It would appear as if this chapter may be comming to a close

…wsj.com/article/SB125688491140918183.html

Guatemala City...
Level Contributor
682 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The political thing

Yes... looks like... big news!!!

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,451 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The political thing

yes, it looks like there's reason to be hopeful that the elections in 4 weeks will proceed and produce a result that the nation and world will accept, as long as Zelaya can't run and Florida can't vote. I hear that the unrest in the mainland didn't reach Roatan, but ultimately it would have. So I'm glad for the people and selfishly I'm glad that we can continue to visit without concern.

london
Level Contributor
238 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The political thing

The only unrest was in the Capital. The rest of Honduras would never had know there was a problem other than NO TOURISTS!! There are 120 Peace core in copan ruinas right now having the time of there lives! halloween and all that stuff, live music to boot! So please come and visit and take advantage of the Hotel discounts and dinner specials everywhere in Honduras.

TX
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The political thing

I can only second the above comments. I live in the capital and things are calm here also.

Avoid any areas where there are protests (and most protests are peaceful anyway but better safe than sorry) and there will be no problems.

5. Re: The political thing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2010, 05:30