We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valentine's Day on Roatan - help?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,494 posts
134 reviews
Save Topic
Valentine's Day on Roatan - help?

Help me out, please!

This will be our 43rd Valentine's Day together. Last year I made a mistake. We were in Puerto Rico and I surprised my wife with a nightime trip to swim in a biobay on Vieques. It was absolutely magical - but also means I set a bar for Valentine's Day that I can't possibly match this year!

I booked us to arrive on Roatan on Feb. 13 and we will be staying in a nice place on the beach in West Bay on Valentine's Day, Sunday the 14th. A nice dinner and sunset, sure... but that's still in the normal range. So what do I do to put this over the top?

All I've come up with is maybe an in-room massage??? Anybody have recommendations for massages in West Bay?

Or alternatively, something special for Valentine's Day I can surprise her with?

Come on, all you romantics out there - thinking caps on!

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Caribbean
Roatan
Roatan
Bay Islands, Honduras
West Bay
West Bay
Roatan, Honduras
Flowers Bay...
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Valentine's Day on Roatan - help?

Why not bring down or sneakily buy a bunch of school supplies and enjoy some hours with local children that get excited about notebooks, pens and pencils. It may noy seem roamantic but it will be more memorable than most Valantines day offerings. Your going to a third world country with unemployment of around 50 percent where less than ten dollars a day is all people get to feed a large family, If helping others is not one of the most memorable things you can do I just cant imagine what is.

Of course you could ignore this and have a romantic lobster dinner

Guatemala City...
Level Contributor
682 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Valentine's Day on Roatan - help?

Just going to throw some ideas out there.

1. Catch a ride on a sailboat... sunset views...nice dinner on boat

2. Horseback riding on the beach?

Flowers Bay...
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Valentine's Day on Roatan - help?

Eholbic,

These days the horse rides on the beach are frowned upon due to the fact they dump on the beach where families play and there is nothing done to clean it up. I would hate to spread a towel on top of it when someone just kicked some sand on top. Personally I do not visit West Bay but I do understand the concern.

Are there any nice dinner cruise boats that would work? I would be interested if you have info on something not full of tourist guests that may actually be romantic.

Edited: 12 January 2010, 04:47
Mentioned in this post
West Bay
West Bay
Roatan, Honduras
Thomaston, CT
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Valentine's Day on Roatan - help?

Wow just have to say- your wife is a lucky woman! Have a wonderful trip :)

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
170 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Valentine's Day on Roatan - help?

You can charter a boat in Roatan and have dinner on it and a swim...check out the Reef Rider in West End

Maybe you can set up something special visiting with the dolphins at Anothy's Key

Business still slow ? Rent out whole small restaurant filled with candles

Mentioned in this post
Roatan
Roatan
Bay Islands, Honduras
West End
West End
Roatan, Honduras
Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
116 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Valentine's Day on Roatan - help?

Charter Calypso Lady for the day - after spending 8 hours on the water snorkeling and sailing a quiet dinner for two at Vintage Pearl would be the perfect ending (at least IMO).

We've got the Calypso Lady booked for 2/1 for a full day sail (early Valentine's gift to my husband of 41 years)....

ont
Level Contributor
424 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Valentine's Day on Roatan - help?

sante wellness centre has different massage and or treatments listed they seem very reasonable to spend the day just relaxing in the beautiful grounds that they have and you need to get there by water taxri as it is on a small caye but i wonder if it might not be the top of the world ... to do the open air plane tour not sure if thats over the top enough or not but i would give a strong vote for the sail option.... private boat for hire and they will plan your day for a visit to a secluded beach and a picnic lunch of lobster and champagne ohhhhh how can you go wrong

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,962 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Valentine's Day on Roatan - help?

Bite on the Beach is ringht on/over the water in West Bay

Lighthouse in West End is very nice

there is a massage place just up the lane by West Bay Village - try them

Like the boat cruise idea

Mentioned in this post
West Bay
West Bay
Roatan, Honduras
West End
West End
Roatan, Honduras
West Bay Village
West Bay Village
66 Reviews
Roatan, Honduras
9. Re: Valentine's Day on Roatan - help?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2010, 01:53
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
157 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Valentine's Day on Roatan - help?

WOW! That sounds awesome! Idiotsabroad, if you are looking for a woman's opinion i think the seaplane idea is pretty fabulous and may be able to top your Valentine's day last year!