We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Mansion at Costa Tesoro

Sharon, Connecticut
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
The Mansion at Costa Tesoro

We have 3 short days in Roatan.... Im looking at the Mansion. Does any place come close on West Bay?

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,167 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Mansion at Costa Tesoro

Could you be more specific?

Sharon, Connecticut
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Mansion at Costa Tesoro

Beautiful "boutique" hotel on beach.

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,167 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Mansion at Costa Tesoro

I am not sure what you mean by "boutique" hotel.

What I can tell you is I have been staying right next to the place for 4 weeks and not a soul have a seen other than TJ the owner. Not a person on the decks, not a body in the pool.

It is not on the beach. There is a very cool pool between the sea view decks and the board walk all kinds of folks are zipping up and down.

There are other places to stay on West Bay Beach but it may be you would prefer some of the private homes that are rentals. Many of them offer private chefs and all kinds of people to wait on you hand and foot. Hm come to think of it I don;t think any of the private homes on West Bay have pools.

If there is something Specific about TJ's place that attracts you please do ask.

Edited: 01 March 2011, 00:11
Sharon, Connecticut
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Mansion at Costa Tesoro

I believe they are are closed thru April for renovations. They are adding on 8 new rooms. Its not set in stone that I have to stay there> i LOVE the looks of the place and I like that it is so clean looking and thought it was right on the beach. I also like the looks of TranquilSeas but from what I understand the beach is not as great as West Bay. Ok this is what Im looking for..... nothing like Infinity, Mayan Princess etc... I want a nice clean place with a nice beach and snorkeling from shore. We like good food and our cocktails. We will have a rental car so driving around will be no problem. Just some fun in the sun! I also might get a bad vibe from "you know who"

Sharon, Connecticut
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Mansion at Costa Tesoro

I dont care about pools

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,167 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Mansion at Costa Tesoro

TJ is not doing any construction now..I would be able to hear it...dang when he started building that place I had to go to Luna Beach for some quiet.

I never really know what people mean by clean, I have stayed in hostels in South East Asia and Syria so my clean meter may be off.

I, like you, am not Infinity/Mayan material. I am however a huge fan of Foster's. The place is quirky and rustic with an island feel. He has various individual cabanas and types of accommodation available. The food is decent, the views amazing and Foster himself is one of my favorite people. Foster's may also do the booking for his daughters place Cabana Lana.

Other possibilities are West Bay Village with various options and huge sea views. Coral Sands is individual condos, I was talking with an owner today, she has been living there 5 years and loves it. I like Banarama, though they don't have sea views, hmm maybe Island Pearl which is now part of Banarama has sea views.

If you want the very best snorkeling West Bay has to offer steps from your door you going to have to stay at Infinity. If in fact you are able to walk 3-7 minutes to get to the reef in front of Infinity then you can stay anywhere on West Bay Beach you want.

Food is easy to find...so no worries there.

booze the same... truly easy to get to

If you are the kind of people who can enjoy the island for exactly what it is and not get your shorts in a bunch cause of what it is not.. no matter where you stay all will be well.

The island, the people and the views are just this side of paradise if ya ask me. I truly and completely smitten with the world place.

by the by ~ pics of West Bay Beach can be found here

www.the-housesitter.com/blog

If I can help ya any more...feel free to ask.

Edited: 01 March 2011, 01:35
I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,167 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Mansion at Costa Tesoro

It occurred to me last night... Barefoot Cay may be appealing to you.

Barefoot is not on West Bay Beach but it is small, upscale and quiet... you would have to ask around about the beach they have.

Sharon, Connecticut
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Mansion at Costa Tesoro

I looked at that..... Is it on its own little island? We will have a car so I would like to be able to come and go easy. I really like the looks of Tranquil Seas and Paya Bay but I also do want a nice beach to be able to snorkel from.

Ugghhh decisions!

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,167 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Mansion at Costa Tesoro

Yes Cay/Key means island of some sort.

Barefoot has a boat system back and forth from the parking lot. I can't imagine any reason you would not be able to come ad go as you please.

Paya Bay is SO far from anything else, that have a beach,,I know little of the snorkeling. I have only been out there once, about eleven years ago..it feels very remote to me.

I was out for a snorkel this morning, the visibility was truly astonishing... anywho, I walked back up West Bay Beach thinking.there is no such thing as a "beautiful, Boutique" hotel on West Bay Beach.

I think pretty much everyone makes a choice... do ya wanna be on the premiere beach on the island with amazing snorkeling within an easy swim of the shore or is accommodation more important than beach and snorkeling.

If I were looking specifically for beautiful, upscale grounds within easy driving diving distance from West Bay Beach. Lawson Rock is wonderful.

I also truly love both Light House Estates and Turtle Crossing..neither one on the beach or part of a hotel BUT beautiful grounds with spectacular sea views.

I am sorry I am just NOT a fan of Sandy Bay. I have stayed there twice..just not my thing, don't like the beach. Course you could stay at Tranquil Seas, if ya don't like the beach drive up to West Bay.

I understand choices, choices. :)

Sharon, Connecticut
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Mansion at Costa Tesoro

I guess I will have to pick my spot on West Bay!

Can you email me direct I have a question to ask you.. Thank you

Kelly

Finzup1@aol.com