We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

paradise beach club

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
paradise beach club

Have you stayed at this resort? Can you tell me what it's like? Is it on a nice beach? Is it close to good snorkeling? Is it close to shops and restaurants? Is it quiet, is it clean?

Thanks. Linda

Guatemala City...
Level Contributor
682 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: paradise beach club

Linda,

I have stayed here and its a great spot on probably the best beach.. West Bay on roatan. Right off the beach there is amazing snokeling..theres no need to take a trip to snokel (as in the case when going to Belize).. b.c its right off the beach in front of the hotel.

The villas are the nearest to the beach..and its great for a small family..kind of like a nice condo.

There really isnt much in choice of restaurants/shops in West Bay.. (you will need to check out West End for more selections) but Las Rocas is nice..but on the other end of West Bay.

THis place along with Mayan Princess are the best bets for West Bay. Your gonna enjoy it

Toronto
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: paradise beach club

Thanks for the quick reply! It sounds great. If we stay at Paradise Beach, should we rent a car?

Flowers Bay...
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: paradise beach club

You will be fine using the water taxi and regular cabs for getting back and forth from West Bay to West End. I would however suggest you rent a car for a day to tour the other parts of the Island. While West Bay is a really nice place and West End is tourist central, if you limit your trip to just those 2 areas you will get little feel for what Roatan is really like.

Toronto
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: paradise beach club

Thanks again for the helpful information.

One more question - what about those sandflies at West Bay that the guidebooks warn about? Are the flies really that bad?

Linda

Flowers Bay...
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: paradise beach club

Some will agree some will not. It is best if you bring bug repellant with you, if you need it you have it, if you don't need it then leave it for a local when you leave. Really simple this way. I use deet pretty regularly if I am in an area where the Flies or Mosquitoes are a problem