We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Media Luna

Montreal (Québec)
Level Contributor
863 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Media Luna

My first choice was Henry Morgan Resort but it is all booked for the week I was planning, I am evaluating Media Luna now. I know it is isolated but really, what am I missing that is close to HM resort?

I know the beach is tiny but I just got back in September from Montego Bay and there was almost no beach and it did not bother me. I will be travelling solo and need rest but I also need somekind of entertainment at night.

Please comment.

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,155 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Media Luna

What kind of entertainment does Media Luna offer in the evening... cause your not gonna wanna taxi out it is both cost prohibitive and perhaps not so wise.

Erm, what kind of entertainment do you need in the evening, that alone may make the accommodation choice for you.

Edited: 31 October 2011, 02:41
Montreal (Québec)
Level Contributor
863 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Media Luna

As long as there is a show, any show. I never venture out of the resort for entertainment. But, I am afraid the way the resort is set, it will be lonesome.

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,155 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Media Luna

I didn't know Media Luna was that kind of place...do they offer a "show"

It may be worth while to email them..see if there are such things and if there is a schedule. It would be worth while for all of us to know if this is something Media Luna does.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,448 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Media Luna

Media Luna does offer shows...this I know because the Animation staff from Henry Morgan would go and do them( perhaps they were training new staff? )

.... I'm just not certain if it is every night.

It looks like a very beautiful place, perfect if you need rest and want lots of quiet time with a book. But if you are by yourself and there is no nightly show you could go a little stir crazy, lol!

Do as Nomadice suggests and email.

No room left at Las Sirenas?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
505 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Media Luna

Hi Maya - When we stayed at the Media Luna this past Easter, there was always nightly entertainment. On two evenings we were treated to the music of Bob Marley and BB King as well as some country by two very talented guys. Another night, at the pool, there was varied entertainment provided by the garifuna dancers, followed by a local band. There were no shows per se as you might find in other resorts. If you need to kick up your heels you might consider the Friday night street party in West End - return transportation is provided for a minimal fee from the Media Luna. FYI there was lunchtime entertainment as well which ranged from a classical guitarist to a clarinetist. It is definitely a place to chill out and relax. The beaches (two) are small but the ocean is big:)

Montreal (Québec)
Level Contributor
863 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Media Luna

Yes only rooms available for week of January 9th are at Las Sirenas (not interested), Media Luna and Roatan Roulette which consists of 4 HM resorts. Considering only 2 show availability, I am not sure about booking the roulette right now...

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,155 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Media Luna

What is about Las Sirenas you do not like? It is on West Bay Beach, right next to Henry Morgan if memory serves.

Edited: 31 October 2011, 15:05
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Media Luna

As a single person I would definitely suggest staying at one of the resorts in West Bay because the beach there has restaurants, shops, and you can bop around on this lovely stretch of beach on your own safely. There is more activity in West Bay just in the people watching, people to chat with. You can walk over to the West Bay Mall...not really a mall..but about 5 stores, walk over to Celeste's for lunch and check out her parrots/kitty kats. I have traveled solo before (not to Roatan) but in Roatan I think you would feel out of the loop at Media Luna. If you can handle it money wise...I'd say treat yourself to Infinity Bay...you'll have an upscale condo all to yourself...nice if you need to relax...you can even pack some lightweight snack type groceries in your suitcase to save on grocery costs. The beach restaurant at Infinity is not expensive and I found the food good. It is a lovely property. If you did want to get groceries on the way from the airport you might even hook up with someone on the plane that wouldn't mind sharing a cab to the store on route to West Bay. Just some ideas. Other resorts on West Bay will have entertainment as well on the beach (like the fire dancers)...doesn't matter where you are staying..just walk over. The entertainment at these AI resorts here can be pretty mickey mouse...not exactly something you'd want to necessarily count on for a highlight of the evening. Please feel free to message me if you want any more details.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Media Luna

Don't concentrate on the evening entertainment factor that you think you are going to be getting at any of these AI's here...as I said above it's anything to get excited about...I would suggest concentrating more on the resort where you think you will most likely be comfortable staying at. The food at all the AI's in West Bay is actually made by Henry Morgan. So if you stay at La Sirenis it is exactly the same food and just a few resorts away...for that matter I am sure you could go to the entertainment at the Henry Morgan at night anyway...they used to have a program where you could eat dinner at the other resorts in the Sunwing line-up...there problem solved...stay at Sirenis and you can still check out the entertainment at Henry Morgan.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Media Luna

Las sirenis is only about 5 resorts down from Henry Morgan...the resorts are all right next door to each other in West Bay.