We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestion on a Villa?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestion on a Villa?

Would anyone have any suggestions on nice Villas in Roatan. It would be our first time there and i want to make sure to make it special. What i'm picturing is something in front of the beach, spacious and with great reviews. I was looking at Villas Del Mar, however i can't find any reviews on them here... just a few forums mentioning them. I'm looking at something similar to their Brisa Del Mar villa.. not too big. It's only myself, husband and toddler (possibly babysitter as well)

Do any of you have some recommendations?

Mentioned in this post
Roatan
Roatan
Bay Islands, Honduras
I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,488 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestion on a Villa?

Brisa Del Mar villa is not on the beach. Oh and it is on Polly Tilly Bight. is $1800 a week your price range?

So, the question becomes, as it always does when people are asking for accommodation recommendations...

What do you have to have in a rental home?

Is solitude more important than having various choices for dinner. Do you need NO other people about or are you up for a cluster of homes. Do you have to have a pool? Are you ok with renting and driving a car on the island.

What are the things you wish to do and how often, I mean if you want easy access to reef snorkeling daily you would want to be someplace where you can snorkel so that removes most places on the south shore.

So, a bit more about you, your family and your needs...and we would be happy to toss some thoughts your way.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
382 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestion on a Villa?

We were looking at the same thing, and have decided on Infinity Bay. A 2 bedroom condo would work for your party. If you go through a private owner via VRBO, the cost would be less than booking through the resort. Right on the beach, snorkeling and free kayaks whenever the spirit moves. Plus, you can do some of your own cooking, which is nice with a toddler, and the water is supposed to be very safe and treated, so that's an issue. A beautiful infinity pool, etc. We got a 1 bedroom at a 2-week rental price of just over $1,000 / week, but I don't know what your budget is. Plus, I haven't been there, yet, so I can't report on the experience : ) We have rented both houses and condos through VRBO, and they're different experiences, but both lovely.

Mentioned in this post
Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort
Infinity Bay Spa and...
2,270 Reviews
Roatan, Honduras
NJ
Level Contributor
256 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestion on a Villa?

Have you looked into Pristine Bay? All private villa's - most with their own infinity pools, on the beach, biggest infinity pool on the island, beach club, kids care, golf...etc. However - if you want to get to est Bay, West End, you will need to rent a car.

Mentioned in this post
Pristine Bay Resort
Pristine Bay Resort
244 Reviews
Roatan, Honduras
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestion on a Villa?

It would be for 4 days so I was thinking between 1-2 k would be my budget. What's more important to me is safety, spacious, ac lol, and in front of the beach, with a balcony. I don't care too much for the pool, although that would be nice. A kitchen and not too far from everything. Thanks for the recommendations thus far. I'm looking at all of them

Minnesota
Level Contributor
382 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestion on a Villa?

You might want to check for specials. I just got an email from Infinity Bay, offering 60% off through March 31st if you book by Feb. 27th. Others might be have similar offers......

Mentioned in this post
Infinity Bay Spa and...
2,270 Reviews
Roatan, Honduras
willington,ct
Level Contributor
131 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestion on a Villa?

Check out West Bay Village.

Mentioned in this post
West Bay Village
West Bay Village
66 Reviews
Roatan, Honduras
JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,191 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestion on a Villa?

Sounds like you def would want to be at West Bay. Lovely Beach and lots of options for a short visit! I would ck out VRBO.com. Lots of people like Infinity Bay, we loved Foster's. A little removed from the larger places. On site restaurant and just a few steps to Bite On The Beach and Las Rocas both places where we had great meals! You can walk down the beach to Bananarama, Infinity Bay etc. Also they have units with kitchenettes which come in very handy. Right on the beach but no pool.

Mentioned in this post
West Bay
West Bay
Roatan, Honduras
Infinity Bay Spa and...
2,270 Reviews
Roatan, Honduras
Foster's West Bay
Foster's West Bay
476 Reviews
Roatan, Honduras
8. Re: Suggestion on a Villa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2013, 10:21