We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain?

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Rain?

Headed to Roatan this weekend for a week and the long range forecast is calling for Rain everyday. Is Roatan like I always found Florida and Mexico where it rains but only for about an hour or 2 but is fine the rest of the day or does it usually rain all day.

I know you guys aren't weather people but even generalizations would be appreciated.

Also any suggestions on things to do on the island if it does rain all week?

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,791 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain?

highly unlikely that it will rain all day (oct-dec, that is a possibility), if you do get rain it will probably be showers.

NJ
Level Contributor
256 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rain?

When we were there last - it called for rain every day too - it didn't- we had a shower or two at night...the island is very hard to pin down weather wise.

I wouldn't worry about it...rainy season shuld be coming to an end,

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
876 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain?

Wild, the forecast isn't the greatest, but we'll make the best of it. I know it will not be as wet as it was last year around Valentines where we got an estimated 19 inches over a three-four day period.

I wander the world
Level Contributor
3,925 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rain?

When was the almost full week of crazy rain last year? Feb? or March? That was some rain, flooding and all kinds of wackiness.

One might remember rain at 80degrees is a far cry from rain at 50.. I happen to love the beach in weather cause am one if the few out there. Course I dig the drama of mother nature. :)

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
876 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rain?

The road in west End washed out on the night of Feb 14th. That was the last night of the big rain.

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
257 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rain?

we were there last year, Feb. 10 to March 5 and it rained, ALOT nad very hard the first week there...then the sun came out again!

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rain?

look at the forecast again. pay close attention to words like scattered and the percents.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
357 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rain?

Here's a link to Canada's weather networks 14 day forecast. It looks pretty good to me. theweathernetwork.com/fourteenday/…table

9. Re: Rain?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2013, 10:19