We are currently in Roatan -will post trip report when we get home. Finding that traveller's cheques are a bit of a problem that I didn't really anticipate. Specifically:
1. Infinity Bay will not cash them, nor will they allow you to settle up your tab with T. C. (eg, restaurant, bar charges, etc)
2. Most tour companies will not accept this form of payment (fishing, snorkel tours,Conchinos excursions, etc)
3. Gumbalimba will accept very reluctantly.
4. Maya key will accept.
5 Grocery stores will accept-but, give change in lmp.
6. Bananarama will not accept as payment for diving.
7. Anthony Key will accept for dolphin activities.
So, my advice is to find out if your room has a safe, and bring cash -unless you want to spend valuable time waiting in a line at the bank to cash your T.C. - speaking of which - hubby was sent from bank to bank trying to cash T.C.the Banco Atlantida on the 1-way street in Cohen hole (or in French Harbour) will cash $200 USD per person -(give you lmp). Not sure where you can get USD from, so keep your departure tax USD in a hidden away place so you don't spend it!
Have fun -we are!