We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early October Weather?

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Woodland Park...
Level Contributor
8 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Early October Weather?

Anyone have some insight on the weather in Roatan the first half of October? I know it is the start of the rainy season. I realize it isn't totally predictable...but some info would help me. Although, I do like the thought of "low season" less crowds.

Thanks!

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
496 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Early October Weather?

This link is great for anyone with weather questions

…websitetoolbox.com/post/Weather-Log-how-to-…

Houston
Level Contributor
80 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early October Weather?

My memory from 2011 was it began to rain often in late September. The chart referenced by ManuelS306 is consistent with others I have seen.

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,013 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early October Weather?

I wouldn't describe Roatan as full of crowds at any time, except when several ships are in and you're sharing their chairs on Tabayana, so avoiding crowds is not really worth it. October is smack in the worst part of the wet season. If you're a diver or a snorkeler (and if you're going to Roatan, why aren't you?) the heavy rains can mess up dive sites and snorkel sites so badly you can't see anything.

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,758 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early October Weather?

october is the first month of the rainy season which generally runs from october through january. i've spent several septembers in the bay islands and its been one of my favorite months, november on the other hand can be pretty monsoon like.

Woodland Park...
Level Contributor
8 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early October Weather?

Good info...thank you!

6. Re: Early October Weather?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2013, 10:18