We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking distance from Infinity Bay

Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Topic
Walking distance from Infinity Bay

Would like to know if there are restaurants, bars, grocery stores, etc within walking distance of Infinity Bay. Or do we need to take a water taxi?

Does anyone have a map of the area with restauants and resorts on it?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
400 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking distance from Infinity Bay

Not sure about grocery stores (maybe a small one nearby) but there are a lot of restaurants and bars within walking distance of Infinity Bay. West Bay is very small and everything is really close. Just a walk down the beach. I would say you could walk the entire length of West Bay, from Infinity Bay to Las Rocas, in 15 minutes. As far as grocery stores, you can always stop off at one of the big ones on the way from the airport.

You would only need to take a water taxi to get to West End, which also has a lot of restaurants and bars.

Do a search on the forum for maps. I think I recall seeing a few of them on there.

Level Contributor
379 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking distance from Infinity Bay

I agree with SFLA2010, there are a plethora of eat spots within 5-10 minutes walk. First of all, Infinity Bay has a nice Palapa restaurant. Then, at the end of the point is Smugglers, about a 10 minute walk (straight up and straight down, but still....) Celeste's is a 5 minute walk on the road behind the resort. The homemade bread and rolls at Hungrey Monkey and deli meats at Mangiamos are right across from Celeste's, and they made the best lunches for us when we stayed at Infinity for two weeks. Bananarama is right next door (check out their web site). We liked Las Rocas, Bite on the Beach (both of which had killer awesome Key Lime Pie), Beachers was a fave as well. Then, that's not counting West End, which a $3 water taxi can get you to, and remember, the Infinity Bay water taxi runs until 9:30, and you can arrange pick-up in West End at a particular time. Of course, my husband's favorite place to eat was right by the pool, where I served him veggie omelettes for breakfast a couple mornings, and fresh caught tuna for a couple of dinners. I must admit, that was my favorite meal spot, too : ) Enjoy!!

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
496 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking distance from Infinity Bay

Every place on the Island is walkin distance as long as you have the time ,

Level Contributor
26 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking distance from Infinity Bay

Agree with the others. For groceries, try to get most of those when you travel to Infinity Bay from the airport. Especially heavy items that are heavy to carry when walking, like a case of bottled water (about $20 US in West Bay). You can drink the water at IB but some people like bottled water anyway.

Infinity Bay is situated in a nice little two city block triangle with each point being IB, Celestes, and Bananarama/Thirsty Turtle. The little mini mall across the road from Celestes has a small 7 11 type store, a Starbucks type coffee place, and other stores including one like Subway that also has ice cream. Down the beach from IB, to the east you will find another store tucked in behind Beachers restaurant.

Bonnyville, Canada
Level Contributor
644 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking distance from Infinity Bay

There is a little store in the West Bay Mall just a short stroll from IB there are some basic things available. Make sure you try the Lobster tail special at West Bay Lodge!!

6. Re: Walking distance from Infinity Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 23:16