We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lodging

Looking to stay in Roatan for two weeks this summer with my husband. We initially wanted to stay on the beach bungalows in Sandy Bay but i feel like we would enjoy west bay better considering we like to go out often for drinks or dinner, we are I'm our late 20s. Do not like over crowded beach time though. Any suggestions for something in between west bay and west end that has an intimate feel, preferably on the beach?"

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,438 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging

We stayed at Xbalanque suites and loved it. Half-way between West Bay and West End with on-site bar and restaurant. Not cheap by Roatan standards, but we felt it was worth every C-note.

http://xbalanque-roatan.com/theresort

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,013 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging

late 20's, no kids, sounds like West End to me. You WILL be spending time there for drinks and meals, so why not stay there so you aren't walking the beach at night? I stay at Sueno del Mar, on the water at the south end of town with an easy swim to the reef and a filling breakfast. But not individual cabanas on he beach. The place next door, Lost Paradise, does have duplex casitas on the beach but no breakfast. Sueno has a lively beach bar and frequent volleyball games. I was just down in WE for 2 weeks and ate at a different restaurant every night.

Edited: 17 May 2012, 17:29
3. Re: Lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 04:42