We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

scuba diving group going to Roatan

Ajax, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
scuba diving group going to Roatan

I am putting together a group of scuba divers to Roatan in Feb. 2013.I am not sure which dive company to use - the group will be staying at either Turquoise Bay Resort or Paradise Beach.

I also need some recommendations on which resort would be the best choice for things to do, dive companies, etc.

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,551 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: scuba diving group going to Roatan

given the choice of these two, I'd recommend PB, though I have not stayed there. TB is rather isolated and has little or nothing to do other than what you bring yourselves. You'd need transportation to go anywhere else. PB is right in the middle of things. If you are staying at TB you would naturally use their on-site dive shop, Subway. I stayed at TB and dove with Subway last September and would not go back: dives poorly led, no choice of sites, expensive gear, very smoky boat. The TB beach is poor and the reef is way off shore, way further than I would want to swim.

If you choose to stay at PB, I can't help you with dive shop. I would suggest picking a shop which has a boat big enough to carry extra tanks for a 2-tank morning dive, so you can go to the more remote sites without returning to the dock.

tulsa
Level Contributor
103 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: scuba diving group going to Roatan

I am also bringing a group of divers in Feb!!!! We will be staying and diving with Coconut tree at West End. When will you be there? Us, 2-23 thru 3-2

Only about 24 of us so we will probably just blend in ;)

THE DIVERATS ARE COMING...LOCK UP THE WOMEN AND CHILDREN!!!!

Edited: 11 July 2012, 16:42
Ajax, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: scuba diving group going to Roatan

Feb. 11 - 18 are out dates.

Roatan
Level Contributor
621 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: scuba diving group going to Roatan

Bananarama has a good reputation (next door to Paradise) and so does Ocean Connections (also next door to Paradise but on the other side). I know the folks at the Mayan Princess dive shop and they are awesome and the Mayan is just down the beach from Paradise. Whereever you stay the staff will be able to help with things to do. Bananarama accommodations are more basic while Paradise and Mayan a little more upscale.

5. Re: scuba diving group going to Roatan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2012, 12:23
6. Re: scuba diving group going to Roatan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2013, 05:46