We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need ziplining advice and info

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
25 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Need ziplining advice and info

Hi,

We will be sailing on a Carnival Legend Western Caribbean cruise very shortly. I have noticed that ziplining is a very popular sport on this itinerary. How physically demanding is ziplining and which port is better, Belize or Roatan? I have noticed that some ziplines require you to "break" and others do not. Can someone explain "breaking" to me?

Thanks

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need ziplining advice and info

IMHO. Belize would be a better place to Zipline. * Company you choose could explain breaking, etc.

Roatan > Snorkeling > Reef.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
25 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need ziplining advice and info

Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
366 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need ziplining advice and info

I presume you mean "braking", as in, "put on the brakes". Some companies' ziplines are set up so you have to brake, or slow down when you go from station to station. We did the "Pirates of the Caribbean" zipline in Roatan, and we did not have to "brake" there.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,922 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need ziplining advice and info

So, about Pirates of the Caribbean, how was it? Is it ok for novices or not-so-young travelers? More info, please! Thanks so much.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
366 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need ziplining advice and info

My husband and I are both around 60, and we thought Pirates of the Caribbean was a great time. (Let me qualify that by stating that my husband has absolutely no fear of heights, and he considers motorized hang gliding recreation.) Anyway, Pirates has nice, long runs with limited treks/climbing in between. We had two very competent spotters with us the whole time, and it seemed well--designed and very safe. I dont know about kids, but we did see families there, and the kids seemed to think it was great fun. It's ideally located for cruisers from Mahogany Bay. We were staying at IB at the time, which is a long way, but when we called, it was a slow day for them, so the manager came and picked us up for a round trip fare of $40. He also stopped with us for lunch at the original Gio's, and didn't mind when we grocery shopped on the way back. So, that turned out to be a bargain all around! Hope this helps!

NJ
Level Contributor
256 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need ziplining advice and info

Pirates is awesome. You We went with my 70 year old mother and 5 year old son....they are courteous, helpful, and funny. Great experience

7. Re: Need ziplining advice and info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Roatan