We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Considering a rental home in Roatan

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mobile AL
Level Contributor
303 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Considering a rental home in Roatan

After a few suggestions, I decided to consider Roatan. I'm seriously considering Guanaja as well, but am concerned about getting there and around once I do get there. We are looking for something secluded and away from high traffic tourist areas. I have narrowed to 3 possible rentals on Roatan. I would love some input on how the snorkeling, hiking, water and relaxation is in these areas. The options are in Punta Blanca, Jonesville and First Bight. The rentals are all on or near the water and include kayaks. One is near the mangroves as well. Please share any experiences.

Michigan
Level Contributor
107 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Considering a rental home in Roatan

Sorry, I can't offer you any info on Guanaja, but I did stay in a rental home in First Bight last winter. It was secluded, just perfect for lounging in a hammock while watching the waves. There wasn't much in the way of hiking near our home. Each day of our stay the water in front of the house was too rough for snorkeling, but the bight was great for kayaking. Anything (supermarket, restaurants, etc.) involved a 15 minute plus drive. *You'll need to rent a vehicle if you stay in First Bight.

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Considering a rental home in Roatan

Hi. Maybe have a look at Sealodge, a rental home at the entrance to half moon bay. Here's a link.

roatanpropertymanagement.com/images_sealodge…

Good Luck.

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Considering a rental home in Roatan

The Villas del Mar in politily would be perfect for you

villasdelmarroatan.com

J

Mobile AL
Level Contributor
303 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Considering a rental home in Roatan

What is the beach and water like in that area? Thanks for the rental suggestions, but they are much too big for my husband and I. The trip will just be the 2 of us and we are not looking for high end accomodations.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
40 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Considering a rental home in Roatan

My husband and I rented Brisa Del Mar, in Politilly Bight, last week. Very close to the areas you mentioned. Beautiful waterfront home and a rental car is included in the price. We didn't, but you can snorkel right off the dock in front of the house. The water is beautiful and was very calm the week we were there. Not sure about hiking, but any walking I did in Roatan felt like a hike. If you want seclusion and relaxation, I'd suggest this area of the island.

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
162 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Considering a rental home in Roatan

Spet, did you decide on a home yet? A few weeks ago we mailed in our security deposit for a house in Punta Blanca, as we also wanted a place way outside of the touristy areas.

Mobile AL
Level Contributor
303 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Considering a rental home in Roatan

We found Castaway Cove on VRBO. We have not made the trip yet. We have used VRBO several times and have never been disapointed with our stay. This rental includes kayaks and looks like the quiet area we are looking for. This owner has been very helpful in providing information about the area and options for getting around.

8. Re: Considering a rental home in Roatan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2014, 07:16