We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review of:At Your Service Roatan concierge service

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Review of:At Your Service Roatan concierge service

Just wanted to put out the word that we used At Your Service Roatan to rent a Blackberry while vacationing for 2 weeks on Roatan. The service was great, we were met at the airport when we got off the plane and were handed the Blackberry and charger. We could make all our local calls and my daughter and I could both check our incoming emails and send emails back home (Canada). Sue Solomon even set us up with reservations at Gio's one night. I highly recommend this service, we will certainly use her again next time we travel to Roatan.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Review of:At Your Service Roatan concierge service

How was your trip? I would love to hear more about your vacation! Besides you got a phone. And liked it...

2. Re: Review of:At Your Service Roatan concierge service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 April 2013, 15:35
3. Re: Review of:At Your Service Roatan concierge service

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Review of:At Your Service Roatan concierge service

Hi all:

I am a part time Roatan resident with a property in the east end. Over the years it has been quite the challenge to get the house finished, furnished and to have the basic ammenities like running water and electricity. Those of you who live on Roatan can certainly read between the lines. Having said this we love Roatan and I personally get really thrilled when there's an improvement in services. I remember a friend of mine doing the happy dance when the new Eldon's opened and was stocked with mop head replacements. Now some of you are saying get a life...but those of you on Roatan for a few years can relate. So when I saw a service that could potentially remove some of those travel irritants like having to get a new chip and phone card for my phone and try and remember my bad spanish I thought I'd give it a try. It was great. When you only have 2 weeks in the sun you don't want to spend one day getting a working phone. For those of you interested we were there from Dec 24 to Jan 7. Weather was great the first week but some rain the second week. Beats 60 cms of snow they got back home!!!

5. Re: Review of:At Your Service Roatan concierge service

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Review of:At Your Service Roatan concierge service

Yes you are right but having my phone (which I've already bought) in a my safe in Calabash is not very useful when I land at the airport and have to call my guy to pick me up by boat in Oak Ridge because the road between Oak Ridge and Calabash is unpaved and requires a 4 X 4 vehicle and the rental company could only give me a small ATOS not 4 X 4. Also when we leave our phone unused for an extended period of time the chip gets deprogrammed so you cannot just pick it up and reload it with a phone card. We have to re-apply for a new phone number with a new chip yada, yada, yada ....long story short we waste at least a whole morning just getting a phone that works and that does not include e-mail. This service provided phone and e-mail services for 2 weeks with no hassles that's all I wanted to say, obviously it depends on your situation for me it was worth it for others with more time probably not so. I was very happy and will do it again.that's all.

7. Re: Review of:At Your Service Roatan concierge service

Removed on: 13 January 2013, 14:05
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Review of:At Your Service Roatan concierge service

No my watchman is a neighbor with only a boat, he cannot meet me at the airport. So you say, change watchman, I say it's my way to give back to the community and this beautiful island by giving work to those who need, my choice. So thanks for the advice I will get a new chip and try and reload the phone online next time, good to know, that's why we have these forums.

9. Re: Review of:At Your Service Roatan concierge service

Removed on: 11 December 2014, 16:06
10. Re: Review of:At Your Service Roatan concierge service

Removed on: 13 January 2013, 14:05
Get answers to your questions about Roatan