We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Radical Catamaran Adventures....the BEST!!!!! A MUST do!!!!

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Roatan
Level Contributor
621 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Radical Catamaran Adventures....the BEST!!!!! A MUST do!!!!

Last Sunday we had the best experience ever in our 10 years on Roatan!!!!!! We had heard lots of great things about Ed and Julie's Catamaran tour so we were excited to go. Well we weren't disappointed! We had the best time ever!

You start your day by driving to Oakridge where you get on a small boat that takes you out to the Cat. Once onboard the drinks and food are served immediately. You are directed to coolers for refreshments and you can just help yourself. The staff comes around the boat with homemade pineapple muffins, followed by little pizza rounds, followed by homemade peanut butter cookies. All the while the staff is attending to your every need. The music is playing (great music too I might add) and people are dancing and having a great time. Soon the bloody mary's and pina coladas are being served.

We stopped for a snorkel/swim/dive at a shipwreck and then we were off again. The next stop was our lunch stop where we were served a buffet lunch of pineapple meatballs, grilled shrimp, coleslaw, rice and the most delicious homemade buns.....just awesome. The meal was fabulous. Dessert was carrot cake and chocolate cake served by the crew as we sit around the boat.

After lunch another swim/snorkel and then we head back where and this part is amazing....a pod of dolphins swim/jump/play in front of the boat for about a half hour. There were 2-3 babies in the pod swimming and jumping with their moms. Because it was a catamaran, there is no long front to the boat so as you are standing on the boat the dolphins are right at your feet....just soooo cool.

The facilities on the boat are great too. There are 4 washrooms, very clean and well equipped. That sometimes is an issue for some people who may feel the facilities may not be adequate when required but not on this boat. Everything you need, clean and convenient.

The Canadian owners, Ed and Julie are wonderful, fun people. They make you feel so welcome and really, really do their best to make the trip fun and safe. The level of service they provide is second to none!!! Many of the folks on our trip have been on Roatan or coming to Roatan for years and to a person all commented on how this was their best trip ever!!!!!!

Ed and Julie can be reached at svfreeradical@gmail.com or check out their website at www.svfreeradical.com

If you do nothing else do this...I can assure you, you WON'T be disappointed!!!!!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Radical Catamaran Adventures....the BEST!!!!! A MUST do!!!!

I had to put on a "bib" whilst I read that.....YUM.

Moses Lake...
Level Contributor
155 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Radical Catamaran Adventures....the BEST!!!!! A MUST do!!!!

Wow great review and thank you so much for sharing. Might check that out next year.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
876 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Radical Catamaran Adventures....the BEST!!!!! A MUST do!!!!

I can vouch for everything Jimmi has to say. We've been on the Radical twice and loved every moment.

I wander the world
Level Contributor
3,925 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Radical Catamaran Adventures....the BEST!!!!! A MUST do!!!!

Thanks Jimmi.. I am in talks with them about joining their adventure, sadly transport from West Bay for a solo traveler is a challenge.

Bonnyville, Canada
Level Contributor
644 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Radical Catamaran Adventures....the BEST!!!!! A MUST do!!!!

Wow this looks great for my group too! I am checking it out!

Rosedale, Canada
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Radical Catamaran Adventures....the BEST!!!!! A MUST do!!!!

Jimmi:

Thank you so much for your info. Just a couple of questions if you don't mind.

I have some mobility problems such that I cannot get into and out of a small boat in open water. How much of a challenge would it be for me to transfer from the small boat to the Cat?

Does the Cat have a set of fold down steps that you can swim level with and that are easy to negotiate to get back onto the vessel after snorkeling ? I have been on a couple of Cats that were easy peasy to get on and off, but one time in Jamaica the steps were in the centre of the deck and when lowered the bottem step was about three feet up from the ocean floor, so I had one **** of a time trying to pull myself up them!

Thanks for any help !

ROATAN
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Radical Catamaran Adventures....the BEST!!!!! A MUST do!!!!

I was there! and yes all Jimmi reports is true and then some ..... I will post some pics by way of Google Plus.

Edited: 15 January 2013, 22:04
Hickory Flat
Level Contributor
146 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Radical Catamaran Adventures....the BEST!!!!! A MUST do!!!!

I noticed there were several sailing options. Which did you do?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,490 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Radical Catamaran Adventures....the BEST!!!!! A MUST do!!!!

judyper... if you watch the video on their website you will see the stairway briefly and get a sense of what it would be like getting around.

http://www.svfreeradical.com/

Edited: 16 January 2013, 00:40
Roatan
Level Contributor
621 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Radical Catamaran Adventures....the BEST!!!!! A MUST do!!!!

Judyper, you aren't transferring from the small boat to the cat, you are transferring from the small boat to a pier, then from the pier to the cat. It would be really hard for me to assess your mobility issues without seeing or knowing you. There is staff on hand and they offer assistance in and out of the boat.

There was about 3 steps from the top to water level and then a ladder to get back up from the water. I would e-mail Ed and Julie and discuss your issues with them. They are super folks and would be happy to answer your questions I'm sure.

We did the full day sailing.