We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best resort for Snorkelers?

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Woodridge, Illinois
2 posts
Save Topic
best resort for Snorkelers?

Hi! We are planning our 3rd trip to Roatan in May. We are snorkelers. In the past, we stayed at Bay Island Beach Resort and loved it! The option to either snorkel off the shore or take a scuba boat was great. Unfortunately they closed. The next trip we stayed at the Reefhouse Resort which was good. Everyday we took the Scuba boat out and snorkeled the sights. We are trying to decide if we should stay somewhere else or just go back to the Reefhouse. We don't need much in way of accommodations just lots of really good snorkeling. Any suggestions? We are considering CocoView or Anthony's Key or somewhere else? No plans to go into town, would prefer to not have to (dining on site),

Thanks!

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,007 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best resort for Snorkelers?

if you're happy with the place, why change? Personally I think that the conditions are better on the north side than the south. And I don't like the amount of concrete that the reef House has, but you know about that. You seem to want the isolation and the meal plans that the isolated dive resorts offer, and you can handle the macho atmosphere that you find around dive resorts. My favorite place to stay is Sueno del Mar in West End, and I'm confident that Roatan offers no better snorkeling. You have to swim out of kayak to the reef crest, and they only offer breakfast. But meals are easy to find in WE. I guess you can eliminate West Bay because you favor tranquility. And you don't need a pool. CCV and AK are both dive meccas, as you know, but they both provide decent snorkeling. I honestly can't say that any place is WORSE than another for snorkeling because it is Roatan we're talking about. I don't look at West End as a drawback for meals, because there is such variety.

2. Re: best resort for Snorkelers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Roatan