We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Standard Plus rooms at Las Rocas

Norristown...
Level Contributor
352 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Standard Plus rooms at Las Rocas

Hello! We are booked into what I understand is a "new" accommodation option at Las Rocas at the end of April - the Standard Plus. At one point in my search I found a brief mention, but now I can't find that post again, and even their website has not been updated to provide a description. Has anyone stayed in one of these and can you tell me anything about the amenities that make this a "plus"? We'd particularly like to know if there is a coffee maker, but any info would be welcome. Thank you!

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,289 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Standard Plus rooms at Las Rocas

I believe that they have 2 cabins they consider "superior", in that they are larger than the other 2 cabins. One of these has a water view, and the other has, well, a view of the other cabin. When I checked in I was given the cabin without a view although the cabin with water view was sitting there empty. After a few days of requesting to be moved, they finally agreed. Still don't know why that was such a big deal to them. I don't recall a coffee maker or microwave. Didn't have a safe either, and that's a drag having to rely on someone being in the office to get access to your wallet, money etc. Between the office and the kitchen and especially the bar, they offered the worst service I've yet encountered on Roatan. Sorry, I know you didn't want to hear a trip review from me.

Jefferson, Texas
Level Contributor
262 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Standard Plus rooms at Las Rocas

I have not stayed at Las Rocas, but checked into staying there in May, I think the only thing that was different that I could tell by the emails when I asked between the standard plus and the value priced bungalows, was the plus were about 50 sq ft larger, and had a ocean view.

Edited: 15 March 2013, 01:51
Gaithersburg...
Level Contributor
232 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Standard Plus rooms at Las Rocas

I have booked 2 standard plus bunglalows for a week in May for part of my family. I was told they have more privacy as they are one story, standalone (no noise from above or bleow neighbors) with air conditioner, TV, minibar, private porch with hammock and ocean view. Part of our group is staying at the small condo complext next door, so I thought this was a good place for my adult kids to stay- gives them some privacy, but still close to us (their parents).

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,289 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Standard Plus rooms at Las Rocas

when you guys check in and find that one of your "ocean view" cabins has actually a view only of the other cabin, well don't say I didn't try to warn you.

Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Standard Plus rooms at Las Rocas

The Standard Plus, as well as the Superior Bungalows are one story, standalone bungalows. The Standard bungalow, as well as the value bungalows are two story building with 2 indipendent rooms, one upstairs and one downstairs. We book the upper floor on a first to come basis, as these have a better view of the ocean from compared to the bottom floor. Another feature of the Standard Plus and the Superior is that they have TV, and a supersilent A/C.

@dhauck I am sorry if the service you received is not what you expected. I am actually surprised to hear that you received a bad service from any of our staff. As for your request to change the superior bungalow to the one closer to the water, we have no reason to keep a room empty if it's requested by a guest. I agree that one of the two superior has a better view of the ocean than the other, but to say that one superior bungalow has a view of the other superior is just misleading. As a matter of fact Las Rocas Resort and all our bungalows are the closest building to the water of the entire West Bay Beach area. One of the two superior bungalow is only 40 feet from the water ( a distance that by today standard would even be illegal) , the other one is 60 feet.

I'll be glad to answer any more questions about our resort, as long as you trust them being unbiased :)

Pasquale

Edited: 15 March 2013, 16:24
Gaithersburg...
Level Contributor
232 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Standard Plus rooms at Las Rocas

Thanks for the helpful description...see you in May, my family is very excited for the vacation.

Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Standard Plus rooms at Las Rocas

Woud you mind sending us an email with your flight schedule ( I you have not done it yet ) so we can send a van to the airport to pick you up.

new jersey
Level Contributor
132 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Standard Plus rooms at Las Rocas

How is the condo complex next door to Las Rocas. I believe they have 6 units?

sally

Gaithersburg...
Level Contributor
232 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Standard Plus rooms at Las Rocas

Sarie, I sent you a pm about them.

10. Re: Standard Plus rooms at Las Rocas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Roatan