We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel from San Pedro Sula to Roatan, Honduras

Marysville, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
travel from San Pedro Sula to Roatan, Honduras

please provide information to get from San Pedro Sula airport to the ferry to get to Roatan, Honduras in early November. We can fly to San Pedro Sula free but don't know how to get to Roatan.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
228 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel from San Pedro Sula to Roatan, Honduras

As far as I know, there are two airlines that fly this route:

Aero Lineas Sosa https://www.aerolineasosahn.com/ and Islena Airlines (TACA) http://www.flyislena.com/

This might be the most convenient way to travel. They ferry can be a bit rough at times...

Sorry can't help you with the land travel for this part.

Have a good trip.

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,842 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel from San Pedro Sula to Roatan, Honduras

there is also a flight from sps to roatan on cm airlines. i recommend you use alice hill at worldwide travel on utila to book your flight

Austin
Level Contributor
56 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel from San Pedro Sula to Roatan, Honduras

Or you can taxi from airport to bus station and take the bus to La Ceiba and then the (I think) twice a day ferry to Roatan, will take you a good part of the day.

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,842 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel from San Pedro Sula to Roatan, Honduras

i would recommend flying, its a 3 hr bus ride to la ceiba plus the taxi ride to the san pedro sulk bus station, plus a taxi ride from la ceiba bus stop to the ferry terminal. the ferry leaves at 9.30am and 4pm and its a little over an hour (there's also a pretty good chance of rough sea's in nov). that makes for a long day and saves you perhaps $20 each over flying which only takes 25 mins.

Oakland, CA
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travel from San Pedro Sula to Roatan, Honduras

Hi Sharon,

Because I was traveling on a budget with family of 4 I decided to take a Hedman Alas bus from SPS to La Ceiba. the bus ride was comfortable and it took about 3 hours. Because the ferry leaves La Ceiba twice a day you would have to stay the night in La Ceiba. the ferry ride was fine for my family and it took about 1-2 hours to get to Roatan. if you have the budget but not the time I suggest you fly. hopes this helps.

Bonnyville, Canada
Level Contributor
644 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travel from San Pedro Sula to Roatan, Honduras

We took the CM flight from San Pedro Sula and it was great, about 20-30 mins http://www.cmairlines.com/

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
102 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travel from San Pedro Sula to Roatan, Honduras

I recommend you fly. My last trip to Roatan, my family drove me from San Pedro to La Ceiba's ferry terminal.

The road and the drivers from San Pedro to La Ceiba are scarry and crazy! I can't begin to tell you how many huge trucks I saw crossing to the opposite lane in the middle of a turn (where they can't see if there's a car coming in the opposite direction). It's not for the faint of heart! Then there's the rough ferry ride from La Ceiba to Roatan. If I would do it again, I would fly!!!

Mi Wuk Village...
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: travel from San Pedro Sula to Roatan, Honduras

Fly direct to Roatan from SPS. SPS has the highest murder rate in the world and many other types of crime are also up there. Even I am hesitant to travel around the city and I go armed..

Playa del Carmen...
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: travel from San Pedro Sula to Roatan, Honduras

I am trying to do the same. What did you find out? Thanks for your help

10. Re: travel from San Pedro Sula to Roatan, Honduras

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Roatan
Recent Conversations