We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Besos

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Topic
Besos

Hi. Is there still a Besos restaurant in Roatan? I heard they had moved from West End since the last time we were there. We'll be returning next winter and wondering if they are still in business.

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
183 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Besos

All that is left are the memories.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,490 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Besos

They moved to a location somewhere to the east, I think near the golf course - and the new location proved to be fatally short of customer traffic.

Edited: 29 March 2013, 04:18
ont
Level Contributor
424 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Besos

besos is gone for about a year now it did move to pristine but has closed up there as well although my info is not first hand from the owner I did hear the rumour that they have left the island completely.....however the new place in besos spot is a very nice lively entertainment place to visit for evening fun and great food..

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,079 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Besos

I loved Besos when it opened. A real fine food restaurant with good prices. Sure there are a lot of good eats and cheap eats and good cheap eats in West End, but Besos aspired to fine dining. Then they went to Pristine Bay, and that's a little far for me to walk. But their place in the culinary scheme was taken by Linga Longa, the place on the lower floor of the Beach House in "downtown" West End. Maybe they got the kitchen staff from the original Besos (I heard rumors that they did), but their menu and execution seems very similar to the old Besos. White table cloths in Roatan? So may they liva longa and prosper.

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
183 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Besos

I have also heard from many friends that have said the same as hauk about LL filling the gap that Besos left.

Besos moved into Pristine Bay for a little longer than a month before the owner left the Island for home. Now there is a pizza place where they were at in Pristine. Not sure why they chose PB as it is very quiet out there for a public Restaurant. One of my neighbors opened the Monkey Island in the old WE location and is doing well there its a great spot.

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Besos

Thanks for the replies. Guess we'll try out these new places. Also, any work on Smuggler's yet? I believe they were going to relocate in West Bay or West End but have not heard anything for a while now.

Calgary, Alberta
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Besos

The restaurant has been moved to Pristine Bay. At least that's what the FB page says.

8. Re: Besos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2015, 06:17