We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1ST Timers on island in 5 days. last minute recommendations?

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Norristown...
Level Contributor
335 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
1ST Timers on island in 5 days. last minute recommendations?

Hi! We'll be down for the 1st time this Saturday for 7 days. Staying in West Bay. Would appreciate some "Do Not Miss" type recommendations for food & sightseeing. Based on reviews, drawn so far to Argentinean Grille & Beachers. Any other suggestions for great seafood and BBQ? Also, does anyone on the island make Roti? Plan to rent a vehicle for at least a couple of days. Again, based on research so far, still pretty much up in the air for places to explore. Will probably drive down as many roads as we can find, but would especially like to know if there's anything on the South shore or East End that should be particularly sought out. And, of course, while we're looking for positive recommendations, would appreciate any "don't waste your time on this one" or "you don't really want to drive down this road" types of advice as well. Thanks!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
361 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1ST Timers on island in 5 days. last minute recommendations?

I'm assuming snorkeling is on your list of things - also the Glass Bottom Boat is great if you don't snorkel (or even if you do....). Fire Dancers on Sunday night at the Thirsty Turtle - Crab Races on Sunday also. Snorkeling. Breakfast with the parrots at Celeste's. Water taxi to West End. Of course, walking the beach. Did I mention snorkeling? Feed the eels at Bite on the Beach. Snorkeling. Other things: snorkeling, snorkeling, snorkeling. Hope I didn't forget to mention snorkeling.

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 1ST Timers on island in 5 days. last minute recommendations?

I agree with cdbeardie about the eel feeding at Bite on the Beach. We ate there one night and took this in. Really neat to see those guys swim in for a good feed. If you like smooth, creamy mixed drinks then make sure you have Monkey LaLas. We tried to find the very best Monkey LaLa we could, but there were so many really good ones that we had to switch to ones we wouldn't have again. (Few and far between.) I do remember a real favourite of ours was at the Barefoot Beach Bar at the very west end of West End. If you're golfers maybe look into the Black Pearl course at Pristine Bay (?Beach?).

3. Re: 1ST Timers on island in 5 days. last minute recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2014, 05:18