We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Minneapolis to Roatan?

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
20 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Minneapolis to Roatan?

Hi all.

My family and I (my husband, two 12-year-olds, and a 16-year-old) are interested in traveling to Roatan over Christmas break. I have heard great things about Roatan, but getting there is the issue for us. I have looked into flying into San Juan Del Sur and taking the Hedman Alas bus to the La Ceiba Ferry, but the timing with flights is difficult.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how the timing would work with flights, the 2 times the bus leaves daily, and the ferry? Where do you suggest connecting through in the States (Atlanta, Miami, Houston, etc)?

Thank you so much for your help!

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,289 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Minneapolis to Roatan?

do you mean flying to San Pedro Sula, Honduras? Never have heard of San Juan del Sur in Honduras. Sounds like a real adventure you'll all remember. Or you could skip the adventure and just take United through Houston. They have the most flights from USA to RTB. Or flying through Chicago to San Salvador on TACA gives you daily flights.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
20 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Minneapolis to Roatan?

Sorry! Yes, I do mean San Pedro Sula. I am mixing up my research with Nicaragua! Thank you for your feedback. I will look into it.

Calypso, North...
Level Contributor
698 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Minneapolis to Roatan?

Good answer from dhauk! Fly right into The Bay Island's Roatan (RTB) airport from the US gateway, skip the mainland.

Christmas travel on the RTB destination books up early, and it's never a bargain... But ahh, the allure of spending the holidays in paradise... Priceless!

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,842 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Minneapolis to Roatan?

american airlines is also flying to roatan now

Hawley, Minnesota
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Minneapolis to Roatan?

We flew Minneapolis to Roatan via Atlanta last March on Delta. I am looking for flights for next March. So far, more expensive than last year. Hoping prices will go down. We can't wait to go back.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
367 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Minneapolis to Roatan?

If you already know how to do this, disregard. Go to www.united.com, inputing MSP and RTB for your departure/destination points. Then, click on the approximate # of days you wish to travel, and click on "my dates are flexible", as well as the month of December. This will tell you varying prices for travel on the dates you have in mind. If the number of days you'd like to be gone is somewhat flexible, you can also change that and "play" with the schedule. Traveling from Minnesota, as we both are located here, we find the schedule and $ to be the best with United. It's a 3 hour flight to Houston, with a short lay-over, and then a 2 1/2 hour flight direct to Roatan. The cheapest RT we've ever seen is $423 RT, but we weren't able to book, then. Right now, if you are able to leave prior to the holiday break, it's running about $780. You do get one free bag with United, since you're flying to Central America. Good luck!! Remember, it's the rainy season in Roatan during Dec., Jan., so plan for some "rainy days", and you won't be disappointed.

WI
Level Contributor
371 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Minneapolis to Roatan?

We are flying through Delta in Feb 2014 with connection in Atlanta

8. Re: Minneapolis to Roatan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Roatan
Recent Conversations