We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Infinity Bay or Parrot Tree Beach Resort? Which is Nicer

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
106 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Infinity Bay or Parrot Tree Beach Resort? Which is Nicer

Looking for advice between the Infinity Bay or Parrott Tree Beach Resort? I will be traveling with my girlfriend in December. We will be looking for a higher-end hotel. I typically like to stay at Westin or Hyatt Hotels and am looking for a similarly appointed higher-end hotel.

I understand that most of the hotels are smaller than in many other resort areas, but was hoping you could provide recommendations between the two. We do NOT scuba dive and will be there to check out Roatan, hike a bit, and just be lazy by the pool and beach.

Also, which beach is better Infinity Bay or Parrot Tree?

Thanks so much!

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
885 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Infinity Bay or Parrot Tree Beach Resort? Which is Nicer

The beach at West Bay (Infinity) is much nicer than the beach at Parrot Tree, which really has an artificial feel about it. West Bay is also the center of the tourist industry for Roatan, so your choices for food and drink are extensive. Parrot Tree is pretty isolated, but if that's the type of holiday you're seeking, maybe it would work for you. Sante Wellness center is nearby (although I haven't heard much about it lately). There is also some decent snorkelling although it is more prone to wind than West Bay.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
459 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Infinity Bay or Parrot Tree Beach Resort? Which is Nicer

I saw Parrot tree resort the other day and it left me really cold. You are also far away from everything. At least with one of the West Bay properties you have easier options to explore.

Roatan
Level Contributor
621 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Infinity Bay or Parrot Tree Beach Resort? Which is Nicer

Definitely Infinity on West Bay Beach...right in the heart of the action. Parrot Tree is remote and the man made lagoon is not that appealing.

4. Re: Infinity Bay or Parrot Tree Beach Resort? Which is Nicer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2014, 06:22
Get answers to your questions about Roatan