We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in May - cloudy?

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
123 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in May - cloudy?

A website I found with weather averages shows that May is dry but cloudy. My friends are sun worshippers so does Roatan typically see much sun in May?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
232 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in May - cloudy?

A local told me today that from now until September it is usually hot and clear, with the occasinal rain shower that won't last that long.

I am no weatherman, but the rainy season is over and chances for lots of sun are very good.

Maybe someone can comment who actually visited in May. We are usually here during Feb/March.

Right now I am almost getting a 'moonburn' the full moon reflecting in the ocean, a beautiful night in Roatan!

Dallas, TX USA
Level Contributor
53 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in May - cloudy?

I'm no expert, but it's been dry and sunny the last 2 years when we've been there during May . Hope I don't jinx it, since we're heading there again. We go there at various times of the year, but think May's our favorite.

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,957 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in May - cloudy?

may is lovely, sunny and warm

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,606 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in May - cloudy?

May is the best time of year in Roatan, but with the tropical sun directly overhead, you have to pray for clouds. Like any tropical island Roatan sees fluffy fair-weather cumulus clouds pop up during the day. Fewer clouds offshore, which is where you'll be diving anyway. In my memory I'd say that most days are mostly or totally clear. I checked my May photos and that seems to hold true. But of course last year we got a northerly roll through that was cloudy and windy for days, messing up the north side diving. If it rains in May it is brief and light and warm. Overall I'd say the average day is 20-40% clouds by afternoon, which makes for prettier sunsets.

Level Contributor
378 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in May - cloudy?

I have been in May and it is gorgeous - your sun loving friends will love it. By the way - there really is not true weather predictors for Roatan..where the island sits in it nearly impossible to predict weather - there could be a torrential rain storm on the mainland and bright and sunny on the island.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in May - cloudy?

To check the weather out live, go to the live web cameras that are set up on Roatan now. We are wishing that we were there now, after watching all of the people on the beach. skylinewebcams.com/en/…west-bay.html

7. Re: Weather in May - cloudy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2015, 04:19
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question