We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hockey Fans?

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
94 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Hockey Fans?

Hoping to watch some of the NHL playoff games while in West End/West Bay from May 17th-24th... any hockey fans out there that might be interested in catching a game over beers? What is the best bar to catch a hockey game at? Thanks!

ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
261 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hockey Fans?

We caught the early morning (6 am!) Gold Medal game at the Cayuco Beach Bar with about two dozen other hockey fans. The Manager (at least I think she was the manager) is french Canadian so you wouldn't have to convince her to dial-in a game.

And if I were there, I'd join ya !

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
94 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hockey Fans?

Cayuco Beach Bar... got it! Grew up in Michigan and played my whole life, it's pretty important to me despite my Wings being eliminated already (23 straight years in the playoffs still not shabby!) - THX

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,336 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hockey Fans?

or Sundowners. in West End. I'm not a big bar guy, but I think Cayucos is in West Bay.

Edited: 14 May 2014, 19:28
Canada
Level Contributor
523 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hockey Fans?

Yes Sundowners had hockey on while we were there. Not at 6am as they don't open until later now in the quieter season.

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hockey Fans?

Sundowners actually did open for the 6AM Gold medal game

Canada
Level Contributor
523 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hockey Fans?

Quite frankly not enough of a hockey fan to even want to watch a game at 6 am-Gold Medal or not! but I do know that Sundowners isn't serving breakfast now so doesn't open until later. But maybe for a final game who knows?

USA
Level Contributor
109 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hockey Fans?

Sundowners is owned by a Canadian so it's probably the best place. If you bring people to most bars with a TV, they'll change the channel.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
94 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hockey Fans?

Stellar - thank you all for contributing. Let's all root for a Chicago-Montreal final, ok?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hockey Fans?

I believer that Sundowners is now open for breakfast. I heard their ad on Roatan Radio.

10. Re: Hockey Fans?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Roatan