We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to stay

Hello! Taking a last minute trip to Roatan. This will be our first time. My husband and I are looking for something on a beautiful beach to snorkel, clean room and dining within walking distance. Don't need wild nightlife but don't want to be completely isolated. We would love not to crowded, but now I'm getting picky! I'm thinking West Bay, but would love to have some accommodation suggestions. Thanks!!!

I wander the world
Level Contributor
3,988 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay

West Bay is easy peasy to navigate..everything is walking distance, plenty of eateries to choose from.

Indeed, the snorkeling off the wall end of west bay is a delight.

as far as accommodation.... did ya have a price range in mind... just as a place to start.

Do ya need a pool?

Do you have a preference of condo over hotel room or stand alone/duplex cabin-ish

Do ya need a sea view?

South Dakota
Level Contributor
354 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay

We rented a home in West Bay Village for our first trip last fall. It was perfect;). We wanted many of the same things you listed. Check out westbayvillage.com for listings;)

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay

Hello! We are pretty open, in looking at prices, about mid range and up. Don't need super fancy. Would love a pool. Most important is a beautiful beach on property and walk to restaurants. Thanks!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,645 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay

Yes West Bay beach is where you need to stay.. You said you'd love a pool...that being the case stay at Infinity Bay or Grand Roatan...those are both upscale properties and will cost you the most. If you want lower end with a pool on West Bay Beach your choices are Mayan Princess and then Henry Morgan. None of the other properties on West Bay beach have a pool. You can read the reviews of the above four mentioned properties and decide for yourself. There are other places to stay on West Bay Beach but they don't have pools.

winneconne,wi
Level Contributor
286 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay

SaraoV8,

Infinity Bay has a sale going on 60% off. Just go to their website.

Edited: 25 May 2014, 01:57
I wander the world
Level Contributor
3,988 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay

Paradise Beach Club also as a pool.

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
468 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay

Check out: http://xbalanque-roatan.com

You can easily walk to west-bay although you have the whole beach in front of the resort to yourself. Most people don't even know about it.

Rosedale, Canada
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay

Paradise Beach Club actually has two pools, albeit small, but hubby and I found them fine for cooling off in when we stayed there two years ago. Also the Oceanic building has a roof top pool with magnificent views but offers virtually no shade which is a real shame.

This past trip we stayed at Infinity Bay and just loved it!

marcoa: That place looks amazing but apart from the one bedroom unit, very pricey!

Edited: 25 May 2014, 23:41
Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
468 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay

Original post:

"Hello! We are pretty open, in looking at prices, about mid range and up."

And so the UP was included. Cost decisions are up to those planning vacation, not me.There are many wonderful choices. Best of luck in finding what you are looking for.

If you are looking for cheap. There are dorms for $8.00/night. Hostel la Buena Onda is fine. Arco Iris in West-End has rooms for about $40/night. Coconut Tree Cabins are $55/ night. Splash Inn also has nice accommodations for about $50/night.

The Beach House is very nice for about $100 night. Check out the Mayan Princess in West Bay as well.

bye from Roatan

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,645 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay

With the 60% off sale at Infinity Bay I'd say go for this property...the beach is the best in West Bay...someone mentioned another property...Xblanique...not sure where this is exactly in West End but you'll find the beaches aren't as nice there as in West Bay.