We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Power outages in West Bay,how frequent?

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Arizona City...
Level Contributor
281 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Power outages in West Bay,how frequent?

Hello again.....We are staying at the Meridian in West Bay in July. Just curious how often the power goes out in a week? Last time, our hotel had a generator so we never noticed the power going out. This time there isn't a generator. Just wondering what to expect. Mostly just for the AC at night while we sleep.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,631 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Power outages in West Bay,how frequent?

At least once a week??? I've been three times and the power went out one time on each of the weeks we were there. A flashlight is an important thing to pack for Roatan.

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
4,943 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Power outages in West Bay,how frequent?

The power situation certainly has improved. This visit to West End the power was off once briefly during the day and not at all during the night in the course of a week. I still prefer a room with cross ventilation so I don't need AC at night. So look for windows which open and which have screens.

Canada
Level Contributor
523 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Power outages in West Bay,how frequent?

We were in West End for a month in April and we lost power 4 times. One time was a planned outage.

4. Re: Power outages in West Bay,how frequent?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2015, 06:16