We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach massage

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
150 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Beach massage

While traveling to many islands around the Carribean we can usually find locals that do beach massages. Is this true on Roatan? If so how much!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach massage

Yes, true on Roatan...and cheap....$10-$20.

Heard 50+ times a day on WBB, > " Massage lady? massage? maybe later? ".....

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
150 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach massage

Sweet! Is that 20 per hour or half hour?

South Dakota
Level Contributor
352 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach massage

I paid $20 for an hour, beware of La Loca though she gave my husband a little frisk down south, lol. Thank goodness we were laying on the beach together at the time or who knows what would have happened, hehe and thankfully it didn't cost extra, hehe. Enjoy!

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
580 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach massage

Be careful of these ladies offering "massage" services. Keep your possessions close at hand. They often work in pairs, and one of them will lay a towel over your valuables so she can rummage though it while the other keeps you occupied.

Canada
Level Contributor
523 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach massage

I must admit to not trying to bargain so it is certainly possible you could get it cheaper-but everyone that offered a massage to me in West End was charging 1.00 a minute. Maybe that was only while the cruise ships were in?? I honestly cant remember if the prices changed. These were ladies with " Massage" printed on the backs of their T shirts.

San Antonio, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach massage

what beach have the ladies who do massage?

San Antonio, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach massage

what beach have the ladies who do massage?

I wander the world
Level Contributor
3,944 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach massage

Annette, they are talking about West Bay Beach.

though Kathleenl says West End.. perhaps Half Moon Bay Beach.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,644 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach massage

Those massage ladies on the beach gross me out...no cleaning of hands in between clients...yuck. It's cheap and I had the same lady (Yvette) give me one on two separate trips...but she would always sneakily leave and her daughter would take over...and I could totally tell the difference when her daughter took over. I am naive....now I know that most of them offer "down south services" ... the massage is just the initial service for the beach. After hearing that I would never have one of them give me a massage....eeewwwww. Yes it's cheap but think where their hands have been.

Level Contributor
3 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach massage

We just got back from roatan & hubby & I each got a beach massage. The first lade quoted $30 for 45 minutes, which we turned down. 5 minutes later, two ladies quoted us $20 for 45 minutes and we took it. The massage is on your beach chair, but comfortable and our massages were great... Better than the $119 ones we got on our cruiseship. We tipped them $5 & they were very nice and thankful. I like deep tissue & my hubby Swedish, & they were just right. Would get them every day if we could. I noticed others getting foot massages for $10. We definitely didn't notice any "down south" stuff ging on, they were professional.