We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So - I just read this....on Roatan Island FB Page

NJ
Level Contributor
378 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
So - I just read this....on Roatan Island FB Page

"Come on Down Mr. Trump . . . Come On Down To Roatan . . . that Special Place in the Western Caribbean. Great news for Honduras billionaire Donald Trump has sent an advance to Roatan team today to make early arrangements for the construction of a court polo and corporativas-turisticas towers with a value of 70 million of dollars, this was revealed in Dorn Ebanks, Mayor of Roatan"

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,125 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: So - I just read this....on Roatan Island FB Page

what are court polo and corporativas-turisticas towers?

and

one does wonder where they are to be built and how big they are to be.

wait that is corporate tourist.. yes?

I am thinkin I don't belong in Trump's world.. I have no idea what that means.

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: So - I just read this....on Roatan Island FB Page

Whenever I visit Roatan I am always dumbfounded as to why there are no Polo courts, it seems it would be such a profitable venture, Or maybe they spelled it wrong and there are to be 70 million dollars worth of some type of chicken coup

…memegenerator.net/instances/…49403556.jpg

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
718 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: So - I just read this....on Roatan Island FB Page

A tower to me implies those huge ones that Trump builds. I assume their are building codes on Roatan that dictate how tall a building can't exceed? Of is this a rumor meant to be humorous.

Edited: 24 July 2014, 17:13
I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,125 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: So - I just read this....on Roatan Island FB Page

Would not weather be a factor.. I can't even begin to believe Trump is going to build a tower as he has in Manhattan on the island of Roatan.. what would be the point?

Indeed, perhaps it is all hoax.

Wait a minute.. Polo like horses polo or water polo? If we are talking about horses.. it is either hoax or just plan not sane... those guys are on teams with heaps of money invested in the horses. Doesn't make much sense to have a club on Roatan. Though I understand some people have far more money then sense. :0)

Edited: 24 July 2014, 17:27
Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,420 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: So - I just read this....on Roatan Island FB Page

reminds me of the news story I saw a few years ago that Westin was well along in construction of a new hotel on Roatan, which of course turned out to be bogus. But why on earth would anyone propose a tower for Roatan, or even an "upscale" resort like what Trump imagines his places to be. A tower would be the most expensive way to build, and that suggests you would need a tower to get a better view of something, while on Roatan the views from the beach are great already without needing a higher view. I wonder if Trump can do for Roatan what he has done for Atlantic City.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,440 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: So - I just read this....on Roatan Island FB Page

Hopefully NOT a tower as in Panama City Panama....:O

http://www.trumphotelcollection.com/panama/panama-ppc-offers.php?_vsrefdom=panama-ppc&rt=google|cpc|TPA01-Trump-Panama-2014-Brand|%2Btrump%20hotel%20%2Bpanama&gclid=Cj0KEQjw3cKeBRDG-KKqqIj4qJgBEiQAOamX_cbl64WcXwQpo9mkdJ5EYSbNSgrNi_ZAENSsJ-u4BoQaAtW48P8HAQ

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: So - I just read this....on Roatan Island FB Page

I would bet this is in line with Wyndham Resort that was coming to Roatan condohotelcenter.com/alerts/vivawyndham.html

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: So - I just read this....on Roatan Island FB Page

I can almost hear the phone call or imagine the emails

Hello may I speak with the mayor?

Yes this is the Mayor

OK, We work for Donald Trump and he wants us to come look at investing tens of millions of dollars on the Island, Does that sound good?

The only problem is that we are currently working on a project in Africa , Mr Trump has sent me a check for total expense but it is 50 thousand dollars too much, We will send you the check for our lodging and for your kind service we ask you to send us $25K and keep the extra for your troubles, Thank You

Edited: 24 July 2014, 17:44
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
718 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: So - I just read this....on Roatan Island FB Page

Here are the building codes for Roatan.

www.hondurasbuilders.com/building_codes.htm

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: So - I just read this....on Roatan Island FB Page

Oh But LadyGBD , you must not have seen on the Roatan Facebook where Mayor Dorn is / was looking to change the building codes to allow high rise buildings, Over the years a lot of places have been built that do not fit the listed regulations but "special permits" can be obtained for a fee

Edited: 24 July 2014, 17:57