We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luna Beach location

Level Contributor
87 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Luna Beach location

Is there a map that shows this resorts location? Does anyone know what is adjacent to it? How long a walk to other restuarants?

Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luna Beach location

Luna Beach is south of town. Easily walkable though, and at night, stay alert.

Luna Beach is not really adjacent to anything.

10-15 minute walk to center of town, assuming a decent pace.

Level Contributor
87 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luna Beach location

What is the closet thing to it to see on a map?

Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luna Beach location

Going up island, the closest thing you might see on the map is what used to be called the Black Pearl. Another few steps and would be at the edge of West End village.

Going in the other direction, I think that the next thing you would see on the map is Kieftos(sp?). But they aren't really adjacent. You have to walk around a rocky outcrop that has wooden scaffolding walkway around it. And as far as that goes, I didn't get down that far, so don't know what condition the walkway is in since the storms last fall. It may or may not have been restored.

If you are concerned about being too far away, you needn't be unless you have trouble walking. Also, assuming you will be going out after sunset, you'll want a pocket flashlight. There's a little creek crossing at the beach right near Luna. So one must cut in on a little trail in the brush and go over a bridge. Do it in the light a couple of times and you'll see it is no big deal really.

If you were to tell us exactly what your concerns are, we might be able to address them better. Also, if you've found a map, I'd appreciate it if you'd point me to the website. I used to have one I could get to, but I haven't been able to find it for a while now.

If I do run across it, I'll post the site here.

Guatemala City...
Level Contributor
682 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luna Beach location

like a 10-15 walk.. its no problem... yeah good idea would be to bring a little flashlight... ( when we stayed at Luna Beach..the electricity kept going out for a few hours at night... was frustrating... i know its common around the island.... but not sure if its still going on)...we didnt have a flashlight...could have been very useful.

Level Contributor
87 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luna Beach location

Thanks for the help! I wanted to see where is was in relation to other resturants. I like to have some "bearings" of where we will be in my head prior to getting there. I'm reading a seetng different locations as far as is Luna Beach actually in West End and not West Bay. This is the map I've come across. www.roatanisland.net/west_end_locator.htm

Guatemala City...
Level Contributor
682 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luna Beach location

Luna Beach is in West End. on the far end closest to West Bay beach. but to get to west bay...you just take a quick water taxi

Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luna Beach location

That map is a bit out of date, but if we were to use it, Luna beach would be northeast of Keifetos(sp?) and southwest of Mermaid, and a bit closer to Mermaid.

Level Contributor
87 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luna Beach location

Thank you very much for the help!!

9. Re: Luna Beach location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 01:19
Get answers to your questions about Roatan