We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Redbeans

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Guatemala City...
Level Contributor
682 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Redbeans

Redbeans... trying to help you... i checked around for you....

I talked to Lilian from the Avis rental company in San Pedro Sula. 504-552-2872 she told me that AVIS will let you take the car into Guatemala and leave it with Avis Guatemala if you need to.

You must give them 5 days advance notice to solicit a special permission in Tegucigalpa.. in which the documents will certify you have permission to drive the car that is not in your name.. also for the insurance company to be aware of the travel. There is a limited number of cars that can be used to cross the border.

Try calling her again...She advised the charge is $150 for permission and if you leave the car in Guatemala City with Avis its a $250 charge. If La Ceiba wont let you do it.. tell san pedro sula you will rent a car from La ceiba, and switch cars in san pedro sula

I know you tried with Them before.. but perhaps you can setup the reservation with the San Pedro Sula office and have them work the permission for you.

Hertz says they can do it... but they need plenty of time in advance...

504-441-6688 is the number in roatan...

what date where you trying to do it....

DC
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Redbeans

wow!! Thanks! You have really gone beyond the call of duty here! I'm trying to rent on Dec 27, but I'm coming from Roatan and want to go directly to Copan. It is my understanding from Avis that I've got to give myself 7 hours of wait time in La Ceiba to get the permission, etc...I will try to give Lilian a car tomorrow. Thank you so much!

Guatemala City...
Level Contributor
682 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Redbeans

Were you able to work it out with them??? I hope you get it fixed... good luck my friend...

3. Re: Redbeans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 17:19