We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dive resort, mango inn vs coral view

Which Utila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tahoe
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
dive resort, mango inn vs coral view

Hello,

We will be in Utila early Feb. I am having trouble finding much info on the coral view dive resort. has anyone stayed recently? have any opinions on the dive op? we are both experienced divers but like pretty low key places, I just really like a hot shower after diving.I have read the reviews of Mango inn and the dive center. Utila lodge and Laguna beach resort are too $$. We would also like to go to guajana. maybe to Bo Bush's Island house. anyone ever gone diving with them? we will also be in Copan and hopefully take a spanish course while there.

Thanks,

Tahoeskier

Denver
Level Contributor
6 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dive resort, mango inn vs coral view

Just returned from Utila and we had reservations at Coral View but once we got there realized it was A. to far from town and B. not as nice as it looked. We went back into town and stayed at Trudy's hotel in the "suites" for $45.00 a night with A/C, Fridge, Microwave, private bath and shower and they operate a dive center right there. I did not dive but they did allow me to go out on the boat with the divers and snorkle at no charge. Trudy's was wonderful, just a 5 minute walk to town (so it was quiet at night) and just a 5 minute walk to a beautiful beach. Trudy's is right on the water. The Mango Inn looks very nice but its not right on the water

Tahoe
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dive resort, mango inn vs coral view

Thanks for replying, I have not been able to find any info on coral view nor their dive shop. What was the name of the dive op at Trudy's? Did the divers seemed experienced or all beginners. Did the bugs bother you much at Trudie's, I understand bug stuff is a must.

Thanks again,

tahoeskier

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,790 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dive resort, mango inn vs coral view

hello ,

i've been to utila many times and would recommend mango inn.its not on the water but is good value for money and has good food. utila dive centre is their dive place , but like many of utila dives shops many of their dive masters are very new to utila and really don't know the dive sites as well as they should (most utila dive masters are newly certified and not very experienced). having said that, i've still had good experiences with u.d.c.. generally speaking deep blue divers seems to have dive masters who've been on the island for some time , my advice is to talk to several shops and ask who you'll be diving with and how long they've been on the island .

have fun , feb is usually good for whale sharks !

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
613 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dive resort, mango inn vs coral view

diddo with divenuts. Mango Inn and rent scooters for the trip back and forth to the dive shop.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
18 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dive resort, mango inn vs coral view

How long a walk is it from the Mango Inn to the dive shop/boat dock or town?

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: dive resort, mango inn vs coral view

Regarding the walk time from Mango Inn to 1)town and 2) UDC, it's 5 minutes (slightly downhill) into town center and 5 minutes more to UDC. However "Hector" at Mango Inn can give you a ride to UDC in the morning and when you're finished in the afternoon.

We just checked out of the Mango Inn and did 14 and 21 dives with UDC. The last day during the surface interval, we got to swim with dolphins. The dive masters that we had made our trip wonderful. If weather permits, they will go to the North side to look for whale sharks.

We did stay at Coral view one night. We planned on staying 4. After the first night, we headed back to the Mango Inn. We will be adding a review on the Coral View, but let's say that their website is not an accurate depiction of the location.

7. Re: dive resort, mango inn vs coral view

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 00:19