We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jade Seahorse (nighthorse)

East Haddam...
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Jade Seahorse (nighthorse)

I am looking at going in mid-April 08 to the Jade Seahorse. Everywhere describes it as a resturant (bar?) , not a hotel.

Has anyone been there?? What is it like, how is the food, where is the beach... you know... any hints of what it would be like to go there for a true beach getaway for 2 adults.

Thanks for any help.

Peter

La Ceiba, Honduras
Level Contributor
557 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Jade Seahorse (nighthorse)

Peter:

I have passed by the Jade Seahorse and it looks attractive but I have no idea about the rooms. It is not located on or particularly the beach.

If you are a hard-core diving enthusiast with a $5-$10 a night room budget with a little extra for food Utila is the place to be.

For a true beach getaway for two adults I would consider the West Bay area of Roatan. Besides having an infinitely better beach there is a much greater variety of other activities on Roatan.

Charlie Meador, Coco Pando, La Ceiba, Honduras

Escazu, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
31 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jade Seahorse (nighthorse)

The Jade Seahorse is a very nice hotel with individually decorated rooms. There is a great sort of magical ambiance about it and its owners are great hosts. The food is great and they have the best fruit shakes on the island. Their bar Treetanic is great for and evening of drinks and is located on top of a massive mango tree!

The only downside is it is not a beach resort and it is not near the beach. To get to the beach you need to walk for about 15 minutes. It is located near a great pizza place at The Mango Inn hotel which is 1 minute way on foot.

Hope it helps.

3. Re: Jade Seahorse (nighthorse)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 02:20
Get answers to your questions about Utila
Recent Conversations