We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dive schools on Utila

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Dive schools on Utila

We are considerably older than the average scuba trainees! Any suggestions as to which dive school/hotel would suit us? Thanks!

South Florida...
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dive schools on Utila

Not on Utila but you might check with Reef House Resort on Roatan....

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,818 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dive schools on Utila

I would suggest either utopia resort ($$$ & out of town) or stay at the lighthouse inn & dive with utila dive center down the street ($$ in town). Both are on utila & both offer nice rooms & professional dive instruction. Have fun.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dive schools on Utila

Thanks guys! We are committed to Utila and I had looked at the Utila Dive Center (the other one you mentioned looked really nice but I'd already ruled it out on the basis of cost!) so thanks to your recommendation I now feel confident to go ahead and book with them.

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,818 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dive schools on Utila

Check out my forum post "let me tell you about the island of utila", For lots of good ideas & beautiful places to see on utila that most people miss.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,278 posts
326 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dive schools on Utila

I 2nd the Lighthouse recommendation (it's perfect for us!) but didn't really enjoy my experience at Utila Dive Center in 2006; pm me if you want details. When we returned in 2008 I dove with Alton's and really loved it plus it's only a few doors down from the Lighthouse. I'm in my 50's and was just doing fun dives but was impressed by the care and quality of instruction I witnessed at Alton's. I've pasted their link and the link to my photo collections, blogs, and travelogues below.

If you've already committed with money to UDC, please ignore me and have a great time! Happy trails!

http://www.altonsdiveshop.com/

flickr.com/photos/staceyholeman/collections

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,278 posts
326 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dive schools on Utila

And here's a Lighthouse link:

aboututila.com/AccomInfo/…Index.htm

7. Re: Dive schools on Utila

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2011, 06:39