We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus from san pedro sula to utila ferry

Which Utila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Maine
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
bus from san pedro sula to utila ferry

If we take the early bus from san pedro sula arriving in La Ceiba at 9:00 will we have enough time to make the 9:30 ferry to Utila? We will be traveling at the end of June.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,157 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus from san pedro sula to utila ferry

That's really pushing it, possible but not a slam dunk. First off, I've never taken a bus in Honduras - even the nice ones like Hedman Alas - that didn't take at least 15 minutes longer than I expected. You'd have to taxi from the bus station to the dock and purchase your tickets (ask for dramamine if you are prone to seasickness). You could consider a private shuttle, spendy but maybe worth it if it means you make the ferry; let me know if you'd like a recommendation. Photos, blogs, and travelogues below. Enjoy Honduras!

flickr.com/photos/staceyholeman/collections

Maine
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bus from san pedro sula to utila ferry

yes, could you make some recommendations for private shuttles. Do you have a rough estimate for cost from SPS to La Ceiba? Thanks so much for your help.

Debbie

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,157 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus from san pedro sula to utila ferry

I can't estimate, sorry. I used him to provide transport for a group of 15 from Copán to SAP a few years ago so that wouldn't apply to your situation. I've recommended him to several on the Fodor's Forum who have been pleased; sometimes he drives and sometimes it's someone else but they've all been good.

Miguel Martel 504-962-00372 (dial 011 first if calling from the US).

4. Re: bus from san pedro sula to utila ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 00:18