We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gettin to utila

ohio
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
gettin to utila

I am looking for a tour vendor that I can do a package with to go to Laguna Beach Resort. I can't seem to find someone to book with.

Thank You

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,287 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: gettin to utila

Is there a problem with booking straight with the resort? Seems like they could help with connections and planning.

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,823 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: gettin to utila

laguna beach will help with travel arrangements, they even have their own private plane that does connections through roatan and i believe san pedro sula. just contact the resort.

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,549 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: gettin to utila

Has anyone had any experience traveling from the Mid Atlantic (specifically Charlotte NC) to Utila? I'm doing some prelim searches and I see we would have to fly through Miami (also looks as if Delta has a direcet flight from Atlanta) to the mainland. Those flights appear to get in around 4:30. It seems all of the reguluarly scheduled flights or ferries to Utila leave before then which would mean an overnighter. Anyone have any advice?

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,823 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: gettin to utila

there is an aa flight from miami to san pedro sula that leaves around noon. that connects with the sosa and cm island hopper flights to utila.

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,823 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: gettin to utila

if you get that noon aa flight from miami you'll be on utila at about 3.30pm

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,287 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: gettin to utila

jungledriver - any interest in jungle activities? I'd get to the La Ceiba area that day if you can as opposed to staying in/near San Pedro Sula. If you're interested in jungly things consider a night or 2 at the Omega Lodge near La Ceiba - whitewater rafting, kayaking lagoons, horse trips, hiking and waterfalls, great setting, nice people, good equipment and guides, good food:

www.omegatours.info

My photos and travelogues are below if you're interested (Utila 2006 and 2008, Omega 2006).

Happy trails!

flickr.com/photos/staceyholeman/collections

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,549 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: gettin to utila

Great, thank you divenuts and hopefulist!!

8. Re: gettin to utila

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 07:15