We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Utila Aug/Sep or Dec

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
122 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Utila Aug/Sep or Dec

Would like to go diving for a week in Utila.

Is there too much rain in Dec?

If so, I am thinking end of Aug or beginning of Sep.

Is this a good time to go?

How do the locals pronounce Utila? Just curious.

Thanks!

New Mexico
Level Contributor
385 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Utila Aug/Sep or Dec

I've done Roatan in August....didn't bother me, but it was definitely hot. I didn't notice much because I was usually under water. When I wasn't, I was cooling off with an ice cold Salva Vida.

December is pretty damned rainy.

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,842 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Utila Aug/Sep or Dec

i love august and september on utila, warm and breezy, and the sea is balmy at around 85f. generally you'll also get the best viz of the year and the last few years we've seen whale sharks, especially in september. enjoy !!

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,842 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Utila Aug/Sep or Dec

Oo till a

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
122 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Utila Aug/Sep or Dec

Thanks! I'll be down the first week in Sep.

Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Utila Aug/Sep or Dec

I spent 10 days in Utila two summers ago and loved it and am excited for you. I'm not sure about wheel chair access on this tiny island. Please check youtube videos showing people walking/riding down the narrow street of the town, and also the access on and off the ferries. I'm sure it would be technically possible for your friend to enjoy Utila, but you'll probably have to be prepared for lots of lifting!

Utila, Honduras
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Utila Aug/Sep or Dec

December is rainning season and sometimes rain, and some days not. The water is 27ºC quite a big diference between September that is aroun 29-30ºC, pretty warm and nice for diving!

Getting cooler from September to January but we go diving everday!

August or September great options for coming here for sure!

As the locals! Just Utila BRA'!

7. Re: Utila Aug/Sep or Dec

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Utila
Recent Conversations