We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pineapple House

Which Utila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Pineapple House

How is the shore diving? Is there anyone to recommend for private charters? I read about Rusty's sailboat tours but have not seen a recent review. Is he still in business?

Thank you !!!!

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,741 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pineapple House

yes captain rusty is still in business, i believe he still does his 2 night/3 day charters to cayos cochinos.

there's also a guy named mark zalenski who does charters but i think he's usually only available jan-april. his catamaran is called happy endings www.happycharters.com

the reef in front of the pineapple house can be dived but most of it is in water thats between 3ft-15ft so it can be snorkeled.

Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pineapple House

Thank you for the info.

Utila-Bay Islands
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pineapple House

Shore diving and snorkeling in front of Pineapple House, and in fact all of the South Shore of Utila is really nice. And the access couldn't be better. Easy walk in, and then you have the reef flat and then you get to the wall. There are dive buoys all along the South Shore that the dive boats from town come out and tie up to- if you are living or renting on the South Shore, its just a matter of a simple walk in. (We suggest bringing a dive flag or other signal device for boat traffic.) My husband is big into underwater photography and dives every weekend on the South Shore of Utila and always sees new critters and amazing scenes for photos. Plus then its a simple walk back to your rental house for the after dive for chips and guacamole and a little nap before the next dive!

Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pineapple House

Thanks very much for the info! any trouble getting tanks and weights? Love shore diving! Can't wait for Utila!

Thanks again!

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,741 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pineapple House

if you're staying at the pineapple house the caretaker can get you tanks and if not you should be able to get them via who ever is renting to you.

6. Re: Pineapple House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 05:17