We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from La Cieba to SAP airport

San Fran
4 posts
Save Topic
Taxi from La Cieba to SAP airport

Any current info/ideas about booking a taxi to the airport from the ferry? 4-total passengers. Thanks

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,855 posts
293 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from La Cieba to SAP airport

It will cost about $140-160 & take 3 hrs

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,855 posts
293 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from La Cieba to SAP airport

i have the number of a very reliable taxi driver in la ceiba who has driven me to sps many times if you need it.

San Fran
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from La Cieba to SAP airport

Sure, a phone number would be great. tks. Coco.

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,855 posts
293 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from La Cieba to SAP airport

his name is handry and his number is (504) 9978 5096 , honduran cell number.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,537 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from La Cieba to SAP airport

I've had great luck with a driver named Miguel Martel: 962-00372 (dial 011 504 first if calling from the US); I've read his email address is andresik04@hotmail.com

San Fran
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from La Cieba to SAP airport

Excellent, thanks folks.

San Fran
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from La Cieba to SAP airport

Do you think it's unrealistic to try for the late boat to Utila if we arrive at SAP by noon and take a taxi straight to the dock? Is so, any lodgin in La Cieba? Current hotel reviews say bedbugs in some of the old favorites, Paradise Found still gets the vote, seems like its further from the ferry than we'd want for just a night. Decisions decisions.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,537 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from La Cieba to SAP airport

Barring flat tires or rock slides you shouldn't have a problem making the late ferry with a airport to dock private driver. It might be worth traveling carry-on only, though. That's usually how I travel and I've been out of the airport in 20 minutes every time, just waved through customs before there was even a line. One time my husband and I arrived together and another time I was already in Honduras and met him at the airport; both of those times he had checked a bag with fishing equipment and by the time the luggage showed up the line at customs was 2 blocks long and moved at a snail's pace.

Have a great trip!

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,855 posts
293 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi from La Cieba to SAP airport

if you get in a taxi by 12.15pm (ie. carry on bags only) you should be ok for the 4pm ferry IF traffic in la ceiba is moving (its starts getting congested between the airport and town center around 3.30pm. if not hotel paris is usually a safe bet in town or for a bit more $ ($80 a night) the quinta real is right on the beach.

10. Re: Taxi from La Cieba to SAP airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Utila
Recent Conversations