We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Customs allowance in Honduras

Cloverdale...
10 posts
Save Topic
Customs allowance in Honduras

Does anyone know how long Immigrations allows us to stay in Honduras? I am staying 31 days in Sept and early Oct, coming from the US. Thanks!

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,823 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Customs allowance in Honduras

90 days is what they generally stamp your passport for

Cloverdale...
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Customs allowance in Honduras

Thanks! See u there!

Mi Wuk Village...
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Customs allowance in Honduras

That 90 days is a Central American visa so you can hit nearby countries. After 90 you have to leave...most go to Mexico. You can come right back and get another 90 days. You spend 90 days on the islands and you will never want to leave. BTW.. customs allowance refers to the total value of goods you are allowed to bring in a country.

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,549 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Customs allowance in Honduras

I had asked about bringing in some things from home on the airport thread but didn't get an answer. I am trying to get away without bringing anything but my husband wants to bring his favorite whiskey and some nice thick cut bacon and steaks and maybe some lunch meat. I read online that you are allowed 5L of alcohol and up to $500 in goods but meat is not allowed. The meat will be hard frozen in it's original packaging. Is this still not allowed?

La Ceiba...
Level Contributor
157 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Customs allowance in Honduras

You will not have a problem with the whiskey, however the meat will be a problem unless you can convince the customs fellows that it is properly packaged and processed. I have brought in cheese from Mexico and gotten away with it because it was vacuum packed. So if it is vacuum packed and looks like it went through a processing plant you should be OK. Usually it will be easier to get into the country through the Roatan airport than San Pedro Sula or Tegucigalpa airports.

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,549 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Customs allowance in Honduras

Thanks John. Sometimes we do vacuum seal it, and sometimes we just freeze it in the original package. In the Bahamas, they want it in the original package but we have brought it in both ways and never had a problem.

7. Re: Customs allowance in Honduras

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2015, 07:18