We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Livingston to Utila

Which Utila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Livingston to Utila

We are travelling from Livingston guatemala, and were thinking of taking a boat to Puerto Barrios. After the boat which is the easiest (cheapest) way to Utila? We already found one bus for 400Q which we think is overpriced and can find another one.

Thanks in advance

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,790 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Livingston to Utila

i would take a bus from puerto barrios to san pedro sula in honduras (not sure of bus company or cost). then from san pedro sula to la ceiba. from la ceiba the ferry leaves for utila at 9.30am and 4pm (1 hr, $26) everyday.

i always use hedman alas bus from san pedro sula to la ceiba (3 hrs express service only one stop, $25) but there are many other (cheaper) companies at the san pedro sula bus station, although most are slower non express buses.

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,790 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Livingston to Utila

the price to fly from san pedro sula to utila is $110 and it takes 25 mins.

La Ceiba...
Level Contributor
157 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Livingston to Utila

I had a couple of clients last week that took the bus that you are talking about. IT is a 7 to 8 hour trip, and quite frankly i think that the 400 Quetzal rate that you mention is not only fair but very reasonable! I would just take the bus. it is the simplest, fastest way to get to La Ceiba and it connects with the ferry to UTila and Roatan!

on another note, you should consider a few days in the La Ceiba area. The Cangrejal River area, just outside the city provides with an environment that you will not see elsewhere in Central America... Lush tropical forests, a great crystal clear river for white water rafting and swimming... Best of all, there are several differt options to overnite that will fit to any budget

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
3 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Livingston to Utila

Can you remember what airline and can I book in advance?

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,790 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Livingston to Utila

san pedro sula to utila is serviced by two airlines, sosa who do the trip 5 days a week and cm airlines that just does it on the weekends.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
3 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Livingston to Utila

Thanks a lot! I'll check it out!

7. Re: Travel from Livingston to Utila

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2015, 04:49